• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's Up With All the HG 1950s SA?

104 posts in this topic

On the other hand, a nice looking slightly lower graded book, bought at a reasonable price may well be immune to any effects of further high grade copies emerging. No risk of ever losing money on re-sale as the buying price was not so frenzied due to the book's lesser status.

From an investment point of view buying solid CGC copies at reasonable prices may well be a better option than paying crazy prices for current highest graded and having to hope that either no rival copies emerge or rely that other crazy bidders will always be waiting out there!

I am a HUGE Wayne Boring fan and love all his stuff from the mid 50's to the early 60's.The 106 is one of my favorites although 141 may be my favorite..."Superman's Return to Krypton."I had about a 7.0 of 106 many years ago and always regreted selling it.Your copy is VERY RESPECTABLE....a Sid's copy ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Jimbo, you mean this one??

superman019.jpg

superman020.jpg

NICE BOOK...I think as far as Superman goes...it's hard to beat those "3 Part Novels" that they cranked out from time to time.I really love them.I like Curt Swan a WHOLE lot but no one ever quite matched Wayne Boring's quirkiness.I always thought of Boring as the Steve Ditko of the D.C. Universe.If you ever decide to sell your Raw D.C.'s....there'll be a LOT of happy campers on these boards.Thanks for posting.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

you can really get caught up in that gotta have the highest graded copy mentality. I will just be happy to have one of the highest graded copies in existence and I do realize that just having that will cost me a pretty penny! There are just not that many high grade DC SA copies in relation to demand for these books and I will be surprised if alot more collections such as the Toth collection come out of the woodwork! You can throw away the Overstreet Price Guide on these books thats for sure!