• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Swamp Thing Art Day!

12 posts in this topic

A preface -- I am in Montreal, Canada and, frankly, don't know too many other art collectors in my hometown, except for one (who also happens to be a dealer).

A few weeks ago, this other Montreal collector put up a page in his CAF that really, really struck me and that I have been admiring since. As you might imagine, I made an offer which I thought he would never turn down... and he did. This piece was NFS. You know where I am going...

I got an email this morning, and pounced. I ran out to the bank to get a few Benjamins, and I met with Ruben 15 minutes ago at my office. I am now the owner of this iconic Swamp Thing page! I didn't even have to worry about shipping, which usually drives me nuts.

Good things do happen to those who leave comments on CAF!! ;)

Late last year, I got in touch with John Totleben, who accepted to do a single figure, cover-quality commission. I asked for a Swamp Thing, emerging from the swamp. John based this on a panel from ST 48, p. 5 (minus the exotic south american foliage!!).

I received the piece today and could not be more pleased with the result!

Check it out!