• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Purchased my first Cover today

9 posts in this topic

I am very excited about my latest piece. I just finished purchasing the piece earlier today so it hasn't arrived yet. Here is how I came to acquire the piece. Recently I found out that Josh Howard had done a cover for Jane Doe #1 which is an Indy comic. I was having trouble finding a copy so after searching a little while I found the email address of the creator of the book and asked him if he knew where I might be able to find a copy. Well, he said that he had one that he would sell me so I bought the book. He then asked me how I had found out about the book and I told him I found it while doing a Google search for Josh Howard Original Art. Needless to say he said that he had the OA cover as well as another piece that Josh had done for him. I asked if he would care to share pictures of the pieces so he sent them and also told me what he had paid for them. I asked him if he was interested in selling and he said that if I wanted to buy them he would sell them since he hardly ever got to enjoy them and thought that I would enjoy them more then he did.

I sent him an offer for the pair and he accepted so I now own my first cover. It isn't from one of Josh's books but I think it is still very cool. Here is a scan of the OA as well as a picture of the finished book. :)

janedoecoverbe6.jpg

janedoecq1.jpg

Thanks, Hal. I also love Josh's work. If you go to my CAF page most of the pieces that I have purchased are by Josh. The only pieces that aren't are some pieces by shiverbones. :)

Ya done good, kid!

Fantastic pick-up

I've only got one Josh Howard pic myself, but it's a "faux cover" and I'm still waiting to get my ShiverBones painting