• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Storing Comic

7 posts in this topic

Sounds like a stupid question, but bought a bunch of the mylar bags and boards for my older XMEN ( #1-100) and they dont seem to fit in the longboxes I have. Do they make them wider for the old books or do I need to buy magazine boxs???

Sounds like a stupid question, but bought a bunch of the mylar bags and boards for my older XMEN ( #1-100) and they dont seem to fit in the longboxes I have. Do they make them wider for the old books or do I need to buy magazine boxs???
I've slowly "upgraded"(if you'd call it that) to Magazine sized boxes. For every thing. Made the decision a while back.

Depends on the manufacturer. I use Regular sized and Gold/Silver sized Gerber bags and boards. Some regular boxes don't even fit the regular sized mylars. For a while, I bought the "Comic Defender" brand boxes and they fit box sizes, but just barely on the Gold/Silver mylars.

Then no place had those anymore (that I could find) and it was touch and go. I basically went to shows looking for people who sold boxes, and had to meaures. Usually found nothing, but every once and awhile found some that fit both (the best I every found were 3" longer than normal short boxes, and fit both. I wish I had 80 of them now.

Most recently, I ordered one box from Comic Supply, just to see what they sold. It fit the large Silver/Gold size, just like the old COmic Defenders, and was about 1/8" taller than a normal box, which I also liked. So, I ordered 20 or so of them (about 2 years ago now I guess). The problem is, they told me that different shipments can come from different suppliers, so their next shipment might not be the same size, so I don't know what you would get today. According to the specs they have now, Silver/Gold wouldn't fit...

For my Golden size Archives, I use the regular CGC box. They fit very well in there, even though the box is a bit tall. The width is just enough that they don't have much room to shift side to side (which is why I never used magazine boxes for Silver/Gold bags, 1-1/4" of room to shift around.