• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

forum lingo? For some of us that want to know but are just to proud to ask!

77 posts in this topic

Ill admit it I still dont know all the forum lingo I come into these boards every day not always to post just to browse or get a great Idea or find a deal! so Ill start out with one and everyone help out with ones that arent in here and as to there meaning also would be helpful! Thanks

LMAO = laugh my Arse off (Its not really arse but I think you know what we mean)

RickDogg helped me with this one!

Davidking623

I use this little guy....... popcorn.gif.......to represent the " munchies. "
QP = Quality of Production....not to be confused with PQ = page quality. 893applaud-thumb.gif

Uh...I always wanted to ask...

What does CGC stand for? confused.gif

I know CGC is supposed to be Comics Guaranty, LLC, but I'm not sure what the last "C" stands for (I am assuming 'Corporation').

While we are at it, what does LLC stand for?? shy.gif

LLC = Limited Liability Corporation....I think! confused.gif

Uh...I always wanted to ask...

What does CGC stand for? confused.gif

I know CGC is supposed to be Comics Guaranty, LLC, but I'm not sure what the last "C" stands for (I am assuming 'Corporation').

While we are at it, what does LLC stand for?? shy.gif

LLC = Limited Liability Corporation....I think! confused.gif

Limited Lung Capacity popcorn.gif

Dagnabbit David.. i was working on a master list of these... I'll post what I have so far...

FORUM-CREATED TERM DEFINITIONS:

"Census Ghost" (Ghost): when there is a "Missing" item from the data due to a resubmit that "changed" (with no label given to CGC to modify totals) (coined by forumite MrHighGrade). >Only the submitter knows though<

"Census Poltergeist" (Poltergiest): when there is an "Extra" item in the data due to a resubmit that returned the "same grade" (with no label given to CGC to modify totals) (coined by forumite BB13) >Only the submitter knows though<

DRA: acronym for "Distribution Related Additions". This term primarily refers to Date Stamps, Pencil/Pen Arrival Dates/Numbering, Store Stamps, and Distributor Inking along the top edge of a comic. These all occur after the comic is fully produced at the printers and are sometimes part of the distribution process. (coined by forumite BB13)

"PM" short for "Personal Message".

"PQ" short for "Page Quality". The "shade" age, condition of the interior pages. (W=White, OWW-Offwhite to White, OW= offwhite)

Less common (COW = cream to offwhite, TOW = tan to offwhite)

"QP" short for "Quality of Production". A term that has been quickly adopted and refers to various production concerns...

full definition to be supplied by Chris?:.... (coined by forumite Beyonder)

COMMON FORUM USED "SLANG" DEFINITIONS:

'" short for "re-". A "forum legal" term that means the same essentially, yet has a tone of playful endearment when overused by forumite Greggy.

NARU'D short for "Not A Registred User" on ebay. A suspended account.

BSD "Big Swinging ", a term coined from "Liar's poker". Synonomous with a "Major Player"

PLOD "Purple Label of Doom".. a restored book from CGC

SS = Signature Series

IDK = I Don't Know

JK = Just Kidding

JP = Just Playing

BTW = By The Way

WTB = Willing To Buy

FS = For Sale

COW = Cream to Off-White (used for page quality)

MTU = Marvel Team-Up

BIN = Buy It Now

BOC = BachelorOfComix

SMGNAH181T = Sweet Merciful God, Not Another Hulk 181 Thread