• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many coverless books would sell for 1500.00 or more?

17 posts in this topic

We know that Pep 22 has and I'm sure that we can easily include the big five of Action 1, 'Tec 27, Superman and Batman 1 and Marvel Mystery1. I'm curious what else would and for the sake of argument, let us assume that there is not a cover waiting in the wings.Just a coverless.

Assuming decent page quality and no major tears, splits or spine roll - I'd say any comic worth $6000 or more in GD could possibly sell for $1500 coverless. I'll venture a Pep #22 coverless goes for that much because Archie is not on the cover, so a thrifty Archie fan can probably live with a coverless copy (or has that become a 6K book in GD already?). Conversely, I doubt a coverless Suspense #3 would be worth much at all relative to the cost of a complete low grade copy.

Assuming decent page quality and no major tears, splits or spine roll - I'd say any comic worth $6000 or more in GD could possibly sell for $1500 coverless. I'll venture a Pep #22 coverless goes for that much because Archie is not on the cover, so a thrifty Archie fan can probably live with a coverless copy (or has that become a 6K book in GD already?). Conversely, I doubt a coverless Suspense #3 would be worth much at all relative to the cost of a complete low grade copy.

Good points! So a Pep 22 coverless is a good buy from a collectors standpoint and maybe even an investment standpoint.

I think you've nailed it.

Aren't you forgetting a couple:

Unrestored

All America 16

Marvel 1 (not sure if thats what you meant)

More Fun 52

I'm sure Marvel 1 would, not quite sure about the other two without a cover waiting in the wings.

Then a MF52 is worth 1500.00 . I guess a lot of it depends on what you collect. I'm wondering though, if everyone who would bid on the Pep 22 is an actual Archie collector or if they see investment potential. Sounds like you are a More Fun collector, which is a great title.

Then a MF52 is worth 1500.00 . I guess a lot of it depends on what you collect. I'm wondering though, if everyone who would bid on the Pep 22 is an actual Archie collector or if they see investment potential. Sounds like you are a More Fun collector, which is a great title.

I you are referring to this ebay auction? The seller had not a clue of what books he was selling. If I was up to me I would relist the item. I am currently watching it but I doubt I will bid anywhere near $1500.00. Rusted staples and not knowing the history of the book are a big turnoff.

Assuming decent page quality and no major tears, splits or spine roll - I'd say any comic worth $6000 or more in GD could possibly sell for $1500 coverless. I'll venture a Pep #22 coverless goes for that much because Archie is not on the cover, so a thrifty Archie fan can probably live with a coverless copy (or has that become a 6K book in GD already?).

The last CGC 2.0 on ebay sold for over $8K :gossip:

Assuming decent page quality and no major tears, splits or spine roll - I'd say any comic worth $6000 or more in GD could possibly sell for $1500 coverless. I'll venture a Pep #22 coverless goes for that much because Archie is not on the cover, so a thrifty Archie fan can probably live with a coverless copy (or has that become a 6K book in GD already?).

Yow! So is this book now considered more valuable than Whiz #2(1)?

The big red cheese falls to the redheaded teenager.

What's driving Archie-mania? Just awareness of the character's longevity? It doesn't seem as if Archie has become any more (or less) popular in recent years.

What's driving Archie-mania? Just awareness of the character's longevity? It doesn't seem as if Archie has become any more (or less) popular in recent years.

There's about six of us who have been single handedly driving up the prices of Archies since around 1997.

There's about six of us who have been single handedly driving up the prices of Archies since around 1997.

And it seems like all six are board members :D