• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA/ SA/ BA keys and more good stuff to come

40 posts in this topic

Well Underdog and I are helping someone sell off a longtime collection of books. There literally must be at least 30-50 long boxes of GA/SA/BA books. This is just a meager start, some I have scans for right now and some will be added later. If these sales go well, we will be entrusted with more and more stuff. We are only doing this to help the person out and a few books for the effort.

We will be open to offers but the :takeit: rules of course. PM if for some reason you think I am nuts on the price :insane:

Shipping will be priority mail w/confirmation. We are going thru some of the higher dollar stuff first with lesser stuff coming later. We are doing this as we can so if you are REALLY interested in a BC scan, we can get those to you. Descriptions of the flaws as I see them are included. Please ask any questions.

First up is ACTION #285

It has spine ticks, spine edge wear, one small hard to see spot on underarm of supergirl, tanning to edge of pages disributor spray on top/bottom of pages. $60

th_action285.jpg

Next up Daring Mystery Comics #7

It has spine problems, dirty b/c, 3" tear on b/c, couple of pages with 3" tear, some pencil tracing on a couple pages, spine stresses, lrc minor piece missing, llc f/c and several pages minor piece missing, creasing front cover, INTRO of 5 characters. $1000

th_dmc7.jpg

IRON MAN/SUB-MARINER #1

Cover glossy, several spine ticks, top of pages tanning otherwise o/w, very minor impressions/line on cover (printing?), nice b/c $90

th_im1.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE #40

Tears on cover at staples, minor 1/4" tear on top bc, bc otherwise very nice, subscription type crease on front but very slight, spine stress, couple small hard to see spots on fc, ow pages, 2nd appearance IRON MAN $325

th_tos40f.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (1st Ant Man)

worst defect is a 1 inch long cut thru all pages/covers (right above bottom staple, some cover gloss still present, spine wear,creases to front cover, corners relatively sharp, dirt b/c, cream pages, probably would grade better except for the cut/tear) $700

th_tta27.jpg

WITCHCRAFT #5

Minor musty smell, small piece missing lrfc, glossy cover, small tears around lower staple, edges of pages dirt, spine stress, minor bc dirt, pages ow to cream, first page minor stain. BEAUTIFUL COVER in my opinion. $185

th_witchcraft5.jpg

other things to come (be patient) are

Avengers 1-10

Green Lantern 76

Giant Size X-men 1

Fantastic Four 4

Incredible Hulk 3, 6

Congo Bill 6

plus lots more as the weeks progress

IMSM

:takeit:

CAL

I saw that one comin' ! haha. Hey Cal ;)

The later ones I did at home are a little bigger and still are thumbnails. click on them and then use right click on the lower right corner to manipulate them. the I am no expert on photobucket unfortunately. I can scan at bigger resolution/size but I can only upload during the day then at higher cable speed when I can get to my store.

if you want something specific emailed to you, again would be during the day.

Also, feel free to PM me any want lists (several have done so already), so that when we get to look thru some more, we can specifically select books people want and makes sales go faster. We will look at any offers as well.

Is it possible to get some grades on these? The scans are small, and I've got no grades to go off of.

Grades would be great...small scans of the front of the book even with the detailed description aren't always enough (plus I can't grade to save my life).

More to come here in a sec. I can assign some grades but honestly I could not find my grading manual and I want to disclose as much as possible in scans and descriptions. Any good sites on grading comparisons would be helpful. I have cgc'd stuff on hand for higher grade comparison but nothing for under a 7.0.

Here is another try at Hulk 3; it comes up (when clicked) as fairly good size on my computer, don't know if they need to be bigger than this or not..let me know.

We considered it a VG, asking $300

description was in an earlier post

th_Hulk3-1.jpg

HULK #6, asking $375 we considered it a VG+

spine stress, rust on top staple at least, very minor staple tear, white stain on cage of f/c, dirty near treads of machine, o/w to cream pages w/edges tanning, very nice b/c, small piece missing lrfc.

th_hulk6.jpg

CONGO BILL #6

Lower spine split about and inch, minor tears at staples, spine stress, ow pages with a little tanning at the top of some, minor piece out of bc spine, small chip out of bottom back cover, bc a lttle dirty, minor spine roll, cover presents well. Scarce issue, I have seen areference that the gorilla city introduced is a prototype preceding flash 106 but thats one thought.

We considered it a VG, asking $180.

th_Congobill6.jpg

Fantastic Four #4

Notes: spine roll, tear at top staple and at center spine that are reinforced on inside with tape, couple of small pieces of tape on outside, top inner edge of cover reinforced with tape, wrinkles on cover, tape pull on sues breast, cover a little dirty and spine wear, ulfc chip missing, back cover has one small piece of tape and center spine tear, upper rbc has 1/4 inch missing piece, pages are o/w with tanning to edges of about 1/5 of them. 1st SA submariner appearance

We considered this a Good to VG book, asking $350

th_fantasticfour4.jpg

Avengers #4

Cream pages, tear out of upper rfc, major spine stress and chips out of spin, upper staple popped, lower with minor rust, other damage to front cover, water stain and chips out of back, upper rbc piece missing.

REVIVAL of CAPTAIN AMERICA

Asking $175

th_avengers4.jpg

Avengers #5

Tears at both staples, stresses around edges of cover, minor chip at bottom, spine stresses, slight spine roll, bc tanning, pages ow to cream. Hulk appearance.

Asking $75

th_avengers5.jpg

Avengers #7

spine roll, detached cover retaped from inside, minor tears inside, tears at staple (show from backside, cover presents better from the front

Good, Asking $25

th_avengers7.jpg

Avengers #9

Number 8 written on fc, spine stresses, stress around top/bottom edges, ow to cream pages, very slight spine roll, bc a little dirty. Intro and Death of Wonder man.

Asking $60

th_avengers9.jpg

Avengers #10

Spine stress, small chip out of top and bottom of spine, crease upper right fc and lower rfc, stress around staples, pages o/w, bc a little dirty, 1st appearance IMMORTUS, early Hercules appearance.

VG Asking $42

th_avengers10.jpg

Well Underdog and I are helping someone sell off a longtime collection of books. There literally must be at least 30-50 long boxes of GA/SA/BA books. This is just a meager start, some I have scans for right now and some will be added later. If these sales go well, we will be entrusted with more and more stuff. We are only doing this to help the person out and a few books for the effort.

We will be open to offers but the :takeit: rules of course. PM if for some reason you think I am nuts on the price :insane:

Shipping will be priority mail w/confirmation. We are going thru some of the higher dollar stuff first with lesser stuff coming later. We are doing this as we can so if you are REALLY interested in a BC scan, we can get those to you. Descriptions of the flaws as I see them are included. Please ask any questions.

First up is ACTION #285

It has spine ticks, spine edge wear, one small hard to see spot on underarm of supergirl, tanning to edge of pages disributor spray on top/bottom of pages. $60

th_action285.jpg

Next up Daring Mystery Comics #7

It has spine problems, dirty b/c, 3" tear on b/c, couple of pages with 3" tear, some pencil tracing on a couple pages, spine stresses, lrc minor piece missing, llc f/c and several pages minor piece missing, creasing front cover, INTRO of 5 characters. $1000

th_dmc7.jpg

IRON MAN/SUB-MARINER #1

Cover glossy, several spine ticks, top of pages tanning otherwise o/w, very minor impressions/line on cover (printing?), nice b/c $90

th_im1.jpg

TALES OF SUSPENSE #40

Tears on cover at staples, minor 1/4" tear on top bc, bc otherwise very nice, subscription type crease on front but very slight, spine stress, couple small hard to see spots on fc, ow pages, 2nd appearance IRON MAN $325

th_tos40f.jpg

TALES TO ASTONISH #27 (1st Ant Man)

worst defect is a 1 inch long cut thru all pages/covers (right above bottom staple, some cover gloss still present, spine wear,creases to front cover, corners relatively sharp, dirt b/c, cream pages, probably would grade better except for the cut/tear) $700

th_tta27.jpg

WITCHCRAFT #5

Minor musty smell, small piece missing lrfc, glossy cover, small tears around lower staple, edges of pages dirt, spine stress, minor bc dirt, pages ow to cream, first page minor stain. BEAUTIFUL COVER in my opinion. $185

th_witchcraft5.jpg

other things to come (be patient) are

Avengers 1-10

Green Lantern 76

Giant Size X-men 1

Fantastic Four 4

Incredible Hulk 3, 6

Congo Bill 6

plus lots more as the weeks progress

IMSM

CAL

I saw that one comin' ! haha. Hey Cal ;)

Hello

theAvenger80!!!

:hi:

ONE SET OF PRICE REDUCTIONS AND THEN THEY GO BACK TO THE OWNER:

Action Comics #285---$50 intro of Supergirl to world

Daring Mystery Comics --$950

TOS #40--$270 2nd Iron Man

TTA #27--$600 1st Ant Man key

Avengers #1---$560 Key

Avengers #2---$100

Avengers #3---$175

Avengers #4---$150 Captain America revived--key

Avengers #5---$65

Avengers #6--$20

Avengers #7---$20

Avengers #8---$90 Intro Kang

Avengers #9--$45

Avengers #10--$38

Congo Bill--$150 Proto. of Ape City

Fantastic Four 4---$300

Hulk # 3---$260

Hulk #6--$300

WITCHCRAFT #5

th_witchcraft5.jpg

What a great pick up.INHO Freas best cover.