• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can anyone recognize this Nancy & Sluggo artist - Clark

3 posts in this topic

I picked this up from Heritage ridiculously cheap - the buyers premium was double the cost of the painting. I don't know if Clark is a high school kid who painted something for grandma or if he is known.

The signature is pretty stylized, so I figured there might be a shot.

NancyandSluggoClark.jpg

th_NancyandSluggolarge.jpg[/img]

I had a look on Lambiek's Comiclopedia. They list several artists with the surname of 'Clark'. Two were Americans. One produced work in the early 2oth century, so one remaining possibility is Todd Clark:

"Todd Clark grew up in a military family. He studied at Boise State University, Idaho, and started his full-time career in comics in 1990, contributing to comic strips such as 'Mother Goose and Grimm', 'Bound and Gagged', 'Frank and Ernest' and 'New Breed'. In 1994, he teamed up with Steve Dickenson. Together, they created strips like 'Military Brats' and 'Lola'. Todd Clark lives and works in Boise, Idaho. "

Doesn't necessarily mean this is your man (probably isn't). (shrug)

By the way, is that you McG? hm