• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic Book Movie Poll - ROUND 8 - VOTE FOR THE 2 WORST!

comic book movie poll  

336 members have voted

1. 1. comic book movie poll

48 posts in this topic

Well I hope your wrong considering Batman Begins is probally the best one left on the board.

Personally, I'd like to see Spider-man duke it out with Batman Begins, as I feel those are the cream of the crop as far as superhero movies go.

I still think V for Vendetta is the best comic-based movie though.

Maybe there trying to keep X2 around to hear you whine about it? (shrug)

Nah, we've got a ton of Marvel Zombies on here, so I doubt any DCs will last long.

Not that old chestnut AGAIN.

Let's face it, none of these top super-hero movies would rate highly in anybody's favorite films - certainly not mine. It's also possible that people are voting for X2 'cause they don't share your antipathy towards that film. Batman Begins was decent, but it's still pulp cinema at the end of the day, just with a vastly bigger budget, proper actors and professional art direction. The same applies to X2.

Hey, I'm certainly no DC fanboy, but do the math.

If Batman Begins leaves, it's 100% Marvel left, and that takes off some very good DC and Indy movies like V for Vendetta, 300, Sin City, etc.

If Batman Begins leaves, it's 100% Marvel left, and that takes off some very good DC and Indy movies like V for Vendetta, 300, Sin City, etc.

looks like the two spidey's and the two x-men are splitting the "which is the worst of the two" vote and, ironically, may all end up surviving another round

Yep, I already made my point about Ghost World and American Splendor getting short shrift because they weren't genre movies, even though they were excellent films that I would be happy to watch more than once.

However such herocentric voting doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a Marvel bias against DC. Batman Begins is the best film that DC has mustered over the last decade, and that's mainly because there hasn't been much in-house competition (including such non-hero turkeys as Hellblazer)

Yep, I already made my point about Ghost World and American Splendor getting short shrift because they weren't genre movies, even though they were excellent films that I would be happy to watch more than once.

However such herocentric voting doesn't necessarily have anything to do with a Marvel bias against DC. Batman Begins is the best film that DC has mustered over the last decade, and that's mainly because there hasn't been much in-house competition (including such non-hero turkeys as Hellblazer)

hey there's the mega blockbuster Superman Returns...

lol

hey there's the mega blockbuster Superman Returns...

lol

The one and only time I fell asleep at the cinema was when I saw that film. :blush:

oh, stop being such a whiney weenie fan-boy!

Uh huh.... all my faves are gone, V for Vendetta, American Splendor, Ghost World, History of Violence, Road to Perdition... you know, the *good* ones.

All we have left is spandex tripe, but even so, X2 is by far the worst that made the top 6.

I can't believe you guys don't like 300. The graphic novel was excellant and the movie is exactly like the graphic novel. Probably THE MOST true-to-original-work comic movie ever made.

I don't get it...fan boys want it to be like the comics but then when it is it sucks.

One of the best comic movies ever made to date. It was a visual stunner. You boys need some ballz and not be so sexually insecure.

R.

I can't believe you guys don't like 300. The graphic novel was excellant and the movie is exactly like the graphic novel. Probably THE MOST true-to-original-work comic movie ever made.

I don't get it...fan boys want it to be like the comics but then when it is it sucks.

One of the best comic movies ever made to date. It was a visual stunner. You boys need some ballz and not be so sexually insecure.

R.

Thank you Doctor Roy for your challenging prognosis. I thought it was passable as these things go. :P

I can't believe you guys don't like 300.

I liked it, but Jesus H Christ, could they YELL any more? doh!

I could just imagine their home life:

Leonidas: "HOW WAS YOUR DAY???"

Gorgo: "Nice, I did some gardening."

Leonidas: GARDENING? GARDENING? WE ARE SPARTANS!!! WE DO NO GARDEN, WE SHRED THE SOIL, ANNIHILATE THE WEEDS AND RAVAGE THE FIELD!!"

Gorgo: "Oh, and my mother is coming over for dinner."

Leonidas: "THIS IS SPARTAAAAAAA! TONIGHT WE DINE IN HELL!!"

Leonidas: GARDENING? GARDENING? WE ARE SPARTANS!!! WE DO NO GARDEN, WE SHRED THE SOIL, ANNIHILATE THE WEEDS AND RAVAGE THE FIELD!!"

Someone took the movie a little bit too much to heart me thinks... hm

Someone took the movie a little bit too much to heart me thinks... hm

he just doesn't like his fantasies talking too loudly.

lol