• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Eide's Thors go up!

41 posts in this topic

yeah, and i notice she suckin in her gut too. blush.gif but that's OK, that was back in the 40's & 50's when you prebuscent. 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Actually, she isn't. You won't find any rolls on Bettie! But that simply reinforces her own fine self that you would think she is sucking in her gut!

Oh - it is spelled pubescent! Ha! Pov corrects someone's speling! A fine and rare thing! grin.gifcool.gif

yeah, and i notice she suckin in her gut too. blush.gif but that's OK, that was back in the 40's & 50's when you prebuscent. 893whatthe.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif

Actually, she isn't. You won't find any rolls on Bettie! But that simply reinforces her own fine self that you would think she is sucking in her gut!

Oh - it is spelled pubescent! Ha! Pov corrects someone's speling! A fine and rare thing! grin.gifcool.gif

Actually, Supa was trying to spell "prepubescent." smirk.gif

Actually, Supa was trying to spell "prepubescent." smirk.gif

I figured such but did not want to double-slam the tyke! grin.gif

unlike FF, i don't like females with bangs, blush.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif but to each his own. thumbsup2.gif

Here is Bettie responding to your not liking bangs!

The full version of my avatar says that too...

"Don't like females with bangs"...you're high, aren't you? shocked.gif

bpother70.jpeg

way to go old man! hi.gif you just misspelled "spelling" 893whatthe.gifforeheadslap.gif27_laughing.gifmakepoint.gif

I HAD to leave you with something. For you see, young sprout, with age comes gentle understanding. cool.gif And high-end shades, too!

Yea Andrew..I think his eye just got really wide and open and was surprised to see a 9.4 around..lol I know Mark Wilson had a 9.4 which at the time was the only one around,he sold it for almost 6K This 87 is by far my favorite cover of all the Journeys! Kevin

fyi - Eide's has a 30% off sale the week of the PGH Comicon every year. Good on all back issues, etc..... hi.gif

I have to assume that's on the items in their inventory...I don't think they include their high grade early Marvels in their inventory. They certainly don't sell them upon request--many have tried to buy them for crazy money and failed! frown.gifgossip.gif

Is it me or their scanner, because all the Eides books seem to lack any gloss or cover lustre? Can anyone who has purchased from them confirm this?

The case usually looks like [!@#%^&^] too so I assume it's the scanner

I would not assume it's the scanner. I bought a book from them that looked exactly like the scan. Don't expect any radical difference from what you see.

Or are you stating that they should do the Heritage "Lights, Camera, Action" method of scanning.

Dont' worry, I am a vulcan with a inner eyelid to protect me from the glare.

Or are you stating that they should do the Heritage "Lights, Camera, Action" method of scanning.

Definitely not! 27_laughing.gif Heritage's scans used to all have a yellowish haze their first year or so. At some point I guess they realized that their inadvertent addition of that yellowish tint wasn't a good thing to add to a collectible which yellows naturally with aging, so since a year or so ago, they look EXTRA-white, just as you're describing.

I love the size of their scans, but I wish they'd work on presenting the colors more accurately. frown.gif I'm mildly red/green colorblind and am not all that sensitive to color variation, but Heritage's scans are so far off that it jumps right out at me.

would not assume it's the scanner. I bought a book from them that looked exactly like the scan. Don't expect any radical difference from what you see.

I bought a book that also looked a lot like the scan. The gloss was fine, but it was a bit more yellowed than I had hope (I have since sold the book).

Definitely not! Heritage's scans used to all have a yellowish haze their first year or so. At some point I guess they realized that their inadvertent addition of that yellowish tint wasn't a good thing to add to a collectible which yellows naturally with aging, so since a year or so ago, they look EXTRA-white, just as you're describing

I still see yellow in a lot of their scans. It's amazing how much the photoshop software can affect the image. If you use different contrast, you can almost see the interior cover printing or a lot more yellowing.

I like Heritage a lot, but sometimes I have not bid on books that looked like they have extensive yellowing and it's possilbe the book really had very litte. Very hard to tell.