• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone still awake?

5,958 posts in this topic

Fried chicken without the skin? Sounds more like he's trying to sell you a bunch of greasy bones. Anyone with 70 long boxes who doesn't know how/can't get rid of them is sitting on 95% drek.
WTTB, Beau

Yeah i upset someone this summer when I told her that all the books she had in ziplock bags at her garage sale were not worth full guide price. I think she was mostly upset because she went out and bought the guide and a couple boxes of freezer bags and priced each book per guide, I think she had about 300 comics in a card board box

I know this has been discussed here numerous times, but it simply amazes me what people think they're books are worth. Iusually find it to be the people with high monetary expectations are the ones who buy a guide, then the people who have a small fortune in comics have no idea what the books are worth and are amazed when you tell them.

That seems about right. The thing is I would love to find the perfect collection for dirt cheap cause the seller has no idea what it's worth, but I know I would screw it up and pay FMV for the books I want and then help the person sale the rest for as much as they can. I hate morals.... :makepoint:

Wouldn't happen. As soon as you tell them their books are worth more than they were asking and make them a fair offer, they will decide they better go check with someone else first and then will go find a dealer or someone else to help them make more because they think you are probably going underpaying them.

Stupid, but I've seen it happen repeatedly.

WTTB, Pokerkid

Speaking of sleep....I haven't slept in two days because of finals.......
what kind of finals?

3 english finals, one math. i refuse to check my grades until after xmas.

and yes, meth will keep you up for many days at a time. :roflmao:

I knew there was a reason I am sooo glad to be done with the college part of life.... :whistle:

WTTB, TomG

anyone want my job at borders?

I've always wanted to work at a bookstore... Probably because my first job was at the Public Library as a Page, putitng away books for mimimum wage!

I remember getting away with a lot at that job! I'll bet my dream location of the bookstore would get spoiled by actually having to work, instead of lounge around and read books.... Although there are lots of hot chicks browsing around in bookstores! Hmm hm

WTTB, lookwhoitis

Slowing down? Its been 3 whole minutes!! :o