• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My PGX 9.4 Blazing Comics #5 Alternate Cover Story

86 posts in this topic

Speaking only for myself, I come through, I put my money where my mouth is. I think my track record speaks for itself. Anyone that doubts my integrity or questions my fortitude obviously doesn't know me.

Having said that, I don't like presenting anything but the facts when it comes to possibly ruining someones reputation. I'm not intimidated by anyone in this hobby, I'd have to know someone before I could be intimidated by them. I'm also not stupid enough to put myself in a position to be harmed just to entertain some faceless fellow comic geeks for an afternoon. Take the information I share for what it's worth to you, or leave it and move on, I don't care, but don't question my ability or willingness to put out there what is made known (and verified) to me.

If that was for my benefit, then you wasted your pixels. I am speaking in generalities and not specifically to you. I don't doubt for a minute that if you had hard evidence on anything pertaining to this hobby that it wouldn't become public knowledge in a heart beat.

It was for my benefit. ;)

Gosh Brian, someone PMed me and accused me of being snarky. I thought everything was fine, but I will apologize nonetheless. :foryou:

Speaking only for myself, I come through, I put my money where my mouth is. I think my track record speaks for itself. Anyone that doubts my integrity or questions my fortitude obviously doesn't know me.

Having said that, I don't like presenting anything but the facts when it comes to possibly ruining someones reputation. I'm not intimidated by anyone in this hobby, I'd have to know someone before I could be intimidated by them. I'm also not stupid enough to put myself in a position to be harmed just to entertain some faceless fellow comic geeks for an afternoon. Take the information I share for what it's worth to you, or leave it and move on, I don't care, but don't question my ability or willingness to put out there what is made known (and verified) to me.

If that was for my benefit, then you wasted your pixels. I am speaking in generalities and not specifically to you. I don't doubt for a minute that if you had hard evidence on anything pertaining to this hobby that it wouldn't become public knowledge in a heart beat.

It was for my benefit. ;)

Gosh Brian, someone PMed me and accused me of being snarky. I thought everything was fine, but I will apologize nonetheless. :foryou:

Wuss :baiting:

Hey I knew I was going to get flamed but I can't go against what my gut tells me. I am willing to be proven wrong though.

I used to give Daniel the benefit of a doubt until he tried to explain away, with nonsensical excuses, various problems/issues that were brought to his attention. Especially concerning Leder. The fact he continued to do business with the scammer despite all the evidence told me everything I needed to know about his intentions...

Jim

Exactly my thoughts. The total bull mess he fed everyone when he was caught trying to peddle off that doctored scan was the nail in the coffin for me.

*Fork* 'em and feed 'em fish heads. :sumo:

(worship)

There's been some good examples of PGX scamming since your PGX info page were last updated.

http://www.justafanboy.com/PGX/

Any chance you'd update your PGX page? :foryou:

(I think it would be fine if Leder is left out of the equation in your updates,

it's obvious that Patterson will let anyone collude now.)

I wouldn't spend too much time waiting. When it comes to the topic of PGX exposés folks usually end up being as tight lipped as a whore in church.

Isn't that they way with any of the scandals though?

Everyone whispers about the fake Church books, the Tec 27 collection, the Patterson/Leder connection, Cantie Brevard, and countless other BSD back-stabbings and gypsy/tramp/thieve type shenanigans.

But no one ever publicly spills the beans.

Is it because the "facts" are not as strong as advertised or no one has the balls to pizz off some BSDs?

(shrug)

Exactly. Many gaping holes left so that nothing is solid. And I'm not talking about OG...it's just the way it is....that's why I'm not convinced. I can't condemn someone without every dot connected as there is a lot of space between dots.

Also, if Leder "IS" PGX, then that is a different story than just being a CUSTOMER of PGX.

R.

Exactly. Many gaping holes left so that nothing is solid. And I'm not talking about OG...it's just the way it is....that's why I'm not convinced. I can't condemn someone without every dot connected as there is a lot of space between dots.

How long have you been helping O.J. look for the real killer? :baiting:

Roy, as far as PGX is concerned this is just utter nonsense. I wouldn't trust them in a house with a muzzle on. :P

Oh, It's not a matter of trust anymore, just a matter of who did what...that's all.

(thumbs u

As far as PGX is concerned, you're right. I guess I'm interested in details about the individuals just to satisfy myself.

:gossip:

I can think of better things to do just to satisfy myself :blush:

Ahhh but some have others to do it for them, grasshopper.

:devil:

Well you get industrial espionage and corruption in every field and anyone with even half a criminal mind and access to a slabbing machine and printer can make tons of cash. If it was done without Daniel's knowledge that would at least absolve him. Count me in the minority I suppose, but for some reason I still think Dan's intentions are sincere and that he is trying to do a good job. It may be others taking advantage of him that are making him look bad...

Roy... I wish I had your sense of optimism. But if anything this hobby has taught me is that, when it comes to skullduggery, there is no limit to how low people will sink. The big bucks brought to the market by the advent of certified comics must be a tremendous temptation to someone with dicey ethics and access to a label machine.

Until there is compelling evidence that Terence Leder, Ryan Elliot and the other evil-doing elves that seemingly have the key to the PGX slabbing machine have somehow brainwashed or replaced Daniel Patternson with a clone, I have to assume Patterson is knowingly in the mix.

It's the simplest explanation and anything else just strains credulity.

Occam's Razor, baby....

I hear they're looking for Jimmy Hoffa together....

Well you get industrial espionage and corruption in every field and anyone with even half a criminal mind and access to a slabbing machine and printer can make tons of cash. If it was done without Daniel's knowledge that would at least absolve him. Count me in the minority I suppose, but for some reason I still think Dan's intentions are sincere and that he is trying to do a good job. It may be others taking advantage of him that are making him look bad...

Roy... I wish I had your sense of optimism. But if anything this hobby has taught me is that, when it comes to skullduggery, there is no limit to how low people will sink. The big bucks brought to the market by the advent of certified comics must be a tremendous temptation to someone with dicey ethics and access to a label machine.

Until there is compelling evidence that Terence Leder, Ryan Elliot and the other evil-doing elves that seemingly have the key to the PGX slabbing machine have somehow brainwashed or replaced Daniel Patternson with a clone, I have to assume Patterson is knowingly in the mix.

It's the simplest explanation and anything else just strains credulity.

(thumbs u

Having said that, I don't like presenting anything but the facts when it comes to possibly ruining someones reputation. I'm not intimidated by anyone in this hobby, I'd have to know someone before I could be intimidated by them. I'm also not stupid enough to put myself in a position to be harmed just to entertain some faceless fellow comic geeks for an afternoon.Take the information I share for what it's worth to you, or leave it and move on, I don't care, but don't question my ability or willingness to put out there what is made known (and verified) to me.

Well, you're no freakin fun.

:jokealert:

Oh BTW (thumbs u

I hear they're looking for Jimmy Hoffa together....

I heard Jimmy Hoffa was entombed in a PGX slab under a Blazing Comics cover...