• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

i just finished reading Vol. 4 of the hard cover. it's the furthest i've been into the series. Vol. 4 was the best so far. i can't believe all that sheit went down. does anyone know, does Vol. 4 end with issue 48?

i just finished reading Vol. 4 of the hard cover. it's the furthest i've been into the series. Vol. 4 was the best so far. i can't believe all that sheit went down. does anyone know, does Vol. 4 end with issue 48?

Yes, the end of Vol 4 should be the end of issue #48, 12 issues per HC (thumbs u

Since I will be collecting this title from now on I would like to know, is it out once a month?

Since I will be collecting this title from now on I would like to know, is it out once a month?

In 2007 and 2008, there were a few delays on some months, but so far for the past couple of months, the issues have been out on time every month. Robert Kirkman made a promise to be "on time in 2009" at the end of last year, so hopefully the trend continues! :wishluck:

As much as I love this series, the one thing I was sad to see was Tony Moore leaving after the 6th issue...not that Adlard isnt good, but I thought Moore was better, IMHO.

As much as I love this series, the one thing I was sad to see was Tony Moore leaving after the 6th issue...not that Adlard isnt good, but I thought Moore was better, IMHO.

:cloud9: I love Tony Moore as well.....you might find a few items of interest in my CAF link in my signature :)

:cloud9: I love Tony Moore as well.....you might find a few items of interest in my CAF link in my signature :)

I actually just joined the WDC :banana:

why did he leave after 6 issues?

There are a lot of theories and rumors about that, but the long and short of it is, he and Kirkman stopped getting along. One of the reasons (supposedly) was that Tony Moore couldn't keep up and stick to deadlines.

:headbang:

So has there been a "favorite cover" thread started?

Here's my pick:

96228-18166-106778-1-walking-dead_super.jpg

why did he leave after 6 issues?

There are a lot of theories and rumors about that, but the long and short of it is, he and Kirkman stopped getting along. One of the reasons (supposedly) was that Tony Moore couldn't keep up and stick to deadlines.

But yet Tony stayed on as cover artist until issue #25, when Charlie started doing the covers as well. Hopefully Robert and Tony are on good terms, at least by now.

:applause:

:takeit:

And as far as covers go, I always like #19. I found the original art of it on the 'Net. Apparently, it sold for $5000 according to the website. Don't know if I would pay that much for it. (shrug)

Still purty, though.

WalkingDead19cvrB.jpg

And as far as covers go, I always like #19. I found the original art of it on the 'Net. Apparently, it sold for $5000 according to the website. Don't know if I would pay that much for it. (shrug)

Still purty, though.

WalkingDead19cvrB.jpg

Awesome! :applause:

just finished reading Omnibus #2 last nite. That was a fast read! I am hooked!! i feel a lil deflated since everyone is dead, its like the end of empire--what a downer.

That's how I felt after reading #48 as well.....

But keep reading (#49 to present) and you'll feel a bit better :)