• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

ooooohhh dear! found clips on youtube. wont be rushing out to buy a copy in a hurry.

I remember it :sick:lol

This is the sort of sentiment I expect from current Walking Dead fans in a few years... lol

And "Children of the Dead" was putrid. I watched it for free and I wanted my money back.

whatever you do no one is to rent or god forbid BUY Feeding the Masses. it is absolutely horrible. supposed to be a satire and it ends up being a extremely low budget mess of day old turds laying on asphalt in the sun bad.

j

:o Wow :o

I consider myself a "The Walking Dead" collector in the know for sure, but I just found out about something I never knew existed.

Dead Planet

According to the man himself:

Dead Planet was a zombie book Tony and I pitched to a few places before Walking Dead... but it's a completely separate concept that has nothing to do with TWD. The two are completely unrelated aside from the creative team.

After Dead Planet was turned down, I decided to take a more traditional approach to zombies... and that became The Walking Dead.

-Robert

- And -

There were only ever about 10 of these made. And it's just photocopies in one of those book report sleeve things--it's not bound or anything.

This was never printed elsewhere, all that exists is a cover and five lettered pages.

-Robert

I need one of these copies in the worst way :cry:

Here are the scans, enjoy them, and please.....if anyone has a lead on a copy, PM me... :wishluck:

DeadPlanet1.jpg

DeadPlanet2.jpg

DeadPlanet3.jpg

DeadPlanet4.jpg

DeadPlanet5.jpg

DeadPlanet6.jpg

Wow, awesome find Steve (thumbs u

Thanks Gav....

I'm just throwing this out there.......

a nice cash reward to anyone who can help me score one of these :whistle:

Holy Shizz!!

so these guys are just not friends anymore? whats the story?

Supposedly Tony and Robert are still "friends", but decided never to work together again on another project. What it boiled down to (from what I've heard) is that Tony had trouble meeting deadlines when the Walking Dead was starting to get fairly popular. This led to some arguments and....yadda yadda... :(

Good luck on that Steve. I've spent all the time since you first posted that trying to find anything related to it... and nada.

Good luck on that Steve. I've spent all the time since you first posted that trying to find anything related to it... and nada.

Thanks Gav, I appreciate the effort (worship)

too bad. reading up on what was written on battle pope trades. they were the bestest friends. :(

Yeah, it really is too bad, I love everything they've worked on together.... :(

Happy Birthday, by the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :applause:

Holy Shizz!!

so these guys are just not friends anymore? whats the story?

Supposedly Tony and Robert are still "friends", but decided never to work together again on another project. What it boiled down to (from what I've heard) is that Tony had trouble meeting deadlines when the Walking Dead was starting to get fairly popular. This led to some arguments and....yadda yadda... :(

Yeah, TWD has been nothing but on-time and as-scheduled since Tony left waaaay back then. lol

As some of you may know if you have been following the 'silver arce' debate, where I tried to bid on one of their books & was blocked, see blog about it for all the fun details. Well I never did say what the book was as I didn't want outbid. I found it in the states in better condition & cheaper than what Silver-arse where offering. So I won it for $9.99 or something in NM. Its Image Holiday Special 2005, it has a 'stand alone' Walking Dead story in it! has anyone read it yet? I'm still waiting on my copy arriving. I'm sure everyone knows that the walking dead #50 special edition has a WD pitch story as well, just a page or so but worth it for the wd collector.

Thought I'd give u lot the heads up now that my copy is safe.

mage Holiday Special 2005, it has a 'stand alone' Walking Dead story in it! has anyone read it yet?

I've read it, got a copy a few years ago for cover price. It's been reprinted several time in various TWD tpbs, omnibus, hard covers, etc. It's a pretty good "Christmas" story, but nothing to write home about.