• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

So, is the guy lying or is this Kirkman going back on another of his promises about the book (never revealing what caused the plague)?

Well... the guy could be telling the truth, but won't live long enough to reveal it. Thus, Kirkman would still be keeping his word.

Great issue...tainted meat was awesome!! I wonder if it will really effect the cannibals eating it. I dont think i ever seen this issue come up in any zombiesk movie/story, weather you will turn if you eat the zombie! :sick:

So, is the guy lying or is this Kirkman going back on another of his promises about the book (never revealing what caused the plague)?

go back a few pages lego and i have a theory about this "scientist"

it is the hot pocket theory.

on a more serious note, in the world that is what it has become where survival means everything, would you lie to stay alive?

like mulletman saying he is a scientist and knows everything about the plague? if it meant living for another week, month, year or whatever i probably would.

he is probably dumber than a rock and knows nothing.

just sayin

j

go back a few pages lego and i have a theory about this "scientist"

it is the hot pocket theory.

on a more serious note, in the world that is what it has become where survival means everything, would you lie to stay alive?

like mulletman saying he is a scientist and knows everything about the plague? if it meant living for another week, month, year or whatever i probably would.

he is probably dumber than a rock and knows nothing.

just sayin

j

I dont think so...why take everyone to DC when you can just tag along with all the others? Am actually gonna say mulletman gets it BEFORE he can reveal any of his secrets...sorta like when the guy in the movie is about to say the hidden treasure is buried in the agggghhhhh...he gets it in the head and no one can get the gold!

Well, I guess I'm going to join the club. I was at my local LCS today and they had a secret sale for their best customers so I picked up issues #21-55 for 25cents each :banana:

I've been wanting to start this for quite some time but figured it was too late but now with the purchase of a couple trades and a lot of reading I'll be caught up in no time.

My question to you Wdead fans is - Must I read #'s 1-20 or could I jump in at #21 and read those later on. Will doing this ruin the story for me?

Well, I guess I'm going to join the club. I was at my local LCS today and they had a secret sale for their best customers so I picked up issues #21-55 for 25cents each :banana:

I've been wanting to start this for quite some time but figured it was too late but now with the purchase of a couple trades and a lot of reading I'll be caught up in no time.

My question to you Wdead fans is - Must I read #'s 1-20 or could I jump in at #21 and read those later on. Will doing this ruin the story for me?

You should start at the beginning..you can get the tpb pretty cheap!

And welcome to the club!! :headbang:

You should start at the beginning..you can get the tpb pretty cheap!

And welcome to the club!! :headbang:

Was kind of a stupid question. It usually is better to start with #1 :makepoint:

My LCS had no tpb's left so I'll probably have to head downtown sometime soon. I just hate waiting to read something once I get some issues.

and Thanks for the welcome!

It will be worth the wait to start at #1. Otherwise, you'll see characters in the early issues and you'll know who is going to die. Major spoilers like that would suck.

I got on this train late myself so I went the TPB route for the first 12 issues. I figure I can afford the rest after that.

It will be worth the wait to start at #1. Otherwise, you'll see characters in the early issues and you'll know who is going to die. Major spoilers like that would suck.

Agreed, it will be worth the wait ;)