• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Does this series get better as it goes along? I just finished the second TPB and, frankly, if I hadn't heard so much raving about the series I wouldn't bother reading any further.

So far ALL of the characters just seem stupid (I mean how many times can someone get eaten in front of them before they figure out they should maybe be careful?) and the gun-toting 7-year old is ludicrous. I have been anxious to read the series and just now got around to it but I just haven't enjoyed it so far.

Stop reading it if you don't like it by the second volume. If you can't get past the 7 year old with a gun, stop reading it. However, I find it ironic that you are looking to buy a set of Kick where regular kids do insane stuff. hm

The series definitely gets better, but the 7 year old is always going to have the gun. Maybe stick to comics about men who don't age running around in tights. I find a 7 year old with a gun a bit more believable, but I do tend to read Carl to be a bit older in my mind (maybe 10-11ish).

I think Carl probably should've been a bit older, but reality isn't Kirkman's strong point. Just look at the priest in Haunt who acts nothing at all like a priest. Can't blame Kirkman though, he grew up reading comics in the 90s when that type of stuff didn't matter.

Edited by 400yrs

I was hooked after the first trade. It's well written and each issue leaves you wanting the next, pretty much like the old Rocketman TV shows.

I thought the best part of the series was the time spent at the prison. I liked it from the start but I also did not understand how it got such a huge mainstream following and all that high praise. It's a good book but it didn't change my world or anything.

(Deadworld got off to a better start) :shy:

Does this series get better as it goes along? I just finished the second TPB and, frankly, if I hadn't heard so much raving about the series I wouldn't bother reading any further.

So far ALL of the characters just seem stupid (I mean how many times can someone get eaten in front of them before they figure out they should maybe be careful?) and the gun-toting 7-year old is ludicrous. I have been anxious to read the series and just now got around to it but I just haven't enjoyed it so far.

I thought the beginning was good, but I also love the Romero zombie movies too. So maybe I liked it just because I already liked the genre.

For me, I thought it got a little slow in the early 20's. But it really took off to become my favorite comic book once the Governor of Woodbury showed up (late 20's).

The "No One is Safe" arc in the 40's are my favorite issues of the series.

So yes, it gets a lot better. 2c

I like it! (thumbs u
:acclaim:

michonne2.jpg

michonne3.jpg

both laila ali and ciara look the part, but laila's character in real life fits michonne's character best. though ciara's skin tone is way closer. can they act?

Ciara's "Like A Boy" video sold me, myself. With her build, moves and being not all smiles.

post apocalyptic world. not everyone is going to adjust instantly. not everyone is going to WANT to. lots and lots of people will die because they can't or don't adjust quick enough. old habits don't always die quick. high IQ's are not like buttholes.

a 7 year old with a gun i can see as reckless, but it's not like it's impossible. when i was 10, i used to know an 8 year old on my block who sold crack and weed out of his sock while we played ball. different environments call for different things, and they change people. where i'm from, lots of boys become the man of the house before puberty.

but to each his own though....

Jerel -

I think I would have a great time hanging out at your house for a weekend.

i'm worried he'd cheney someone

That makes me feel really welcome here. Thank you very much for your concerns, but I have other places to be, if complete strangers can pass extreme character judgements and compare me to dangerous people in society. I'm thinking you do not want me hear and if I stay, your unfair and offensive comments will continue.

Jerel -

That makes me feel really welcome here. Thank you very much for your concerns, but I have other places to be, if complete strangers can pass extreme character judgements and compare me to dangerous people in society. I'm thinking you do not want me hear and if I stay, your unfair and offensive comments will continue.

it was a joke. cheney shot a friend while hunting.

Jerel -

You'd better not be going anywhere Jerel :sumo:

Jerel -

You'd better not be going anywhere Jerel :sumo:

Thank you Kathryn, Chris and Gav(and TJ). I was just so mad at such an arrogant comment coming from a complete stranger. First we were talking about Walking Dead casting and next thing I know I'm stereotyped as a reckless nut who would injure people. You just don't call someone a Cheney without a :jokealert:, IMHO. Edited by NewEnglandGothic

...Back to The Walking Dead discussion, I remember reading back a ways, people said it would be cool if this series could be in B/W, like in the comic. I agree with everyone that said "that's not going to happen". It will most likely be presented in "full Technicolor" for the global market. But we as fans can do, is write in to AMC to have them add a B/W version on to the DVD(hopefully Blu Ray), like the Mist DVD did. If you have seen The Mist in B/W, it looks more creepy and sinister than the colorized version. When I read my TWD comics, I imagine color due to character moods and atmosphere, I think it would be cool if they could do this on the DVD too. :headbang:

...Back to The Walking Dead discussion, I remember reading back a ways, people said it would be cool if this series could be in B/W, like in the comic. I agree with everyone that said "that's not going to happen". It will most likely be presented in "full Technicolor" for the global market. But we as fans can do, is write in to AMC to have them add a B/W version on to the DVD(hopefully Blu Ray), like the Mist DVD did. If you have seen The Mist in B/W, it looks more creepy and sinister than the colorized version. When I read my TWD comics, I imagine color due to character moods and atmosphere, I think it would be cool if they could do this on the DVD too. :headbang:

I missed out on that convo...... so everyone thinks it's going to be in color?

If it'sin color, I hope it's that washed out look. The colors in the TV series shouldn't be nice bright colors as this is the end of the world we are talking about here.

I missed out on that convo...... so everyone thinks it's going to be in color?

If it'sin color, I hope it's that washed out look. The colors in the TV series shouldn't be nice bright colors as this is the end of the world we are talking about here.

Well, I'm sure because Darabont did do The Mist that way on DVD, he'll want to do something similar for the fans too :wishluck: .