• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

SDCC Variant

30638_10150208374320652_793285651_1.jpg

Why is is gun holstered on the stump side? :pullhair:

If he was right handed before his "accident", it makes sense to have the gun there for the quickest access, seeing how he was previously a police officer. Plus, he is in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, so finding a lefty holster might be difficult too.

I have to go back and look, I thought he bagged the holster for a long stretch entirely.

Maybe he's wearing it for show in his new constable role.

It's got to be for show because police officer holsters are "safety holsters" you cannot remove the gun pulling it from the front as he would be forced to do using his left hand coming across his body.

Safety Holsters are required in almost all departments in the last 15 years. There are two snaps, over the hammer, and another right behind the trigger guard. Even if those snaps are released the gun must be tilted backwards before it can be drawn. It will never come out trying to pull it straight up or forward first.

Stop talking logic!! Your last few posts make way too much sense. Where's the sarcastic Chris I know and love?

His account has been hacked by.....

Wait for it

Rick's Wife, Judith Grimes..... :o:o aka Judy Grimes! :popcorn:

tumblr_kqnin989k41qzhk9uo1_500.png

...and her Maiden Name was....DAVIDSON!!!!!!!! wwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gif

Zombie nerd FAIL

Rick's wife's name was Lori, zombie dork.

SDCC Variant

30638_10150208374320652_793285651_1.jpg

Why is is gun holstered on the stump side? :pullhair:

If he was right handed before his "accident", it makes sense to have the gun there for the quickest access, seeing how he was previously a police officer. Plus, he is in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, so finding a lefty holster might be difficult too.

I have to go back and look, I thought he bagged the holster for a long stretch entirely.

Maybe he's wearing it for show in his new constable role.

It's got to be for show because police officer holsters are "safety holsters" you cannot remove the gun pulling it from the front as he would be forced to do using his left hand coming across his body.

Safety Holsters are required in almost all departments in the last 15 years. There are two snaps, over the hammer, and another right behind the trigger guard. Even if those snaps are released the gun must be tilted backwards before it can be drawn. It will never come out trying to pull it straight up or forward first.

Stop talking logic!! Your last few posts make way too much sense. Where's the sarcastic Chris I know and love?

His account has been hacked by.....

Wait for it

Rick's Wife, Judith Grimes..... :o:o aka Judy Grimes! :popcorn:

tumblr_kqnin989k41qzhk9uo1_500.png

...and her Maiden Name was....DAVIDSON!!!!!!!! wwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gifwwwMessenToolscom-Varios-big-071.gif

Zombie nerd FAIL

Rick's wife's name was Lori, zombie dork.

Lori was her middle name, Judith was her first name...everyone knows she disliked that name for herself and it took the Zombie apocalypse for her to come to terms with it and pass it along to her daughter.

Sheesh, you gotta spell it out in block letters for some people. doh!

Lori was her middle name, Judith was her first name...everyone knows she disliked that name for herself and it took the Zombie apocalypse for her to come to terms with it and pass it along to her daughter.

Sheesh, you gotta spell it out in block letters for some people. doh!

This is so good, that it almost makes me want to do a little research. Almost, but not quite.

or you could all just figure out that this cover was originally the cover to the #1 Special Edition where Rick had his hand, and was recreated to be used for the #75 variant...

I'm just sayin that was all it was...

sorry to be the party pooper...

love,

JJ

I still say this series needs a mini-series of all the characters pre-zombie apocalypse, when it eventually wraps up. It would be cool to see if any of them actually bumped into each other in life beforehand.

oh no! sounds like the show Lost!!

I still say this series needs a mini-series of all the characters pre-zombie apocalypse, when it eventually wraps up. It would be cool to see if any of them actually bumped into each other in life beforehand.

oh no! sounds like the show Lost!!

:sorry: , I stopped watching Lost after the second or third season. I didn't know it did this. Cool idea.

I agree that the "End of the World Cover" is weak but since it was thrown together for SDCC you can not fully fault Adlard. I also thought Issue #72 was a solid cover and fits perfect with the story.

Plus

WALKING-DEAD-75-RETAILER-APPRECIATI.jpg90420-18166-106379-1-walking-dead_large.jpg

is just as good as Tony Moore's #1 cover :slapfight:

Edited by dhurley1125

Not even close.

+1

Is it the hat? (shrug)

It's....everything. Look at the detail of the wrecked car, the arm on the ground, Rick's stance.....everything.