• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

For any fans of the AMC WD show, Target has the complete season 1 on sale for $9.99 this week starting tomorrow.

DVD or Blu Ray?

It's DVD...they have a ton of Blu Ray movies and regular DVD TV Seasons for 9.99

But they also say there are over 100 titles at 50% off that aren't shown in the flier.

DVD or Blu Ray?

:popcorn: I hope it's blu ray but seems more like a reg DVD price

Even though the Blu Ray was originally pretty cheap, I didn't feel like sinking in the extra cabbage on it, considering the AMC broadcast was pretty grainy, IMHO. I have the same problem with Burn Notice Blu Rays. Rather just get a cheap DVD and upconvert it to 720p. I don't want to support filmmaker's who don't remaster their work. The picture quality of Darabont's The Mist Blu Ray was stunning in color and black & white too. I don't know what happened?

Maybe they shot it like that to cover up the seams in the make-up department?

Bought the DVD to The Walking Dead Season #1 today. I loved the first and fourth episodes, but had mixed feelings about the rest so $10 felt just right. If it hits $10 on Blu, I'll double dip.

I wish there were more extras. Originally, there was an animated version of the first issue on my cable ondemand. But it only covered 1/3 of the first issue. Woulda been nice had they finished it and included it on the dvd.

Bought the DVD to The Walking Dead Season #1 today. I loved the first and fourth episodes, but had mixed feelings about the rest so $10 felt just right. If it hits $10 on Blu, I'll double dip.

I wish there were more extras. Originally, there was an animated version of the first issue on my cable ondemand. But it only covered 1/3 of the first issue. Woulda been nice had they finished it and included it on the dvd.

+1

Audio commentaries on all the episodes from Kirkman would have been the DVD equivalent to "Letter Hacks", IMHO.

I would have loved to hear his thoughts on certain new plot directions and characters as they played out.

i bought it on blu the week it was released, it was only $20. and well worth it.

then again i'm the that bought the day of the dead remake the day it was released too, and i still hate myself for that one....

:roflmao: ....terrible movie!

i bought it on blu the week it was released, it was only $20. and well worth it.

then again i'm the that bought the day of the dead remake the day it was released too, and i still hate myself for that one....

I paid $15, so i can't really complain too much, as that's still a great price, but i was sure they would pack the dvd with tons of extras since it is only 6 episodes. Oh well. Im just happy there's even a hit show. Its driving up the prices on my WD collection. Glad i have multiples of everything, esp with the second season coming later this year.

WD Season 1 Blu Ray is now $26.99 with free shipping (no sales tax) from Amazon.com right now.

WD Season 1 Blu Ray is now $26.99 with free shipping (no sales tax) from Amazon.com right now.

Wow. Even with free shipping, that seems double what it should be.

Edited by Hawkman

it's worth it on blu, the graininess is part of the feel, granted it was shot in 1080i and it was a ok transfer. it still looks worlds above the regular 480p that the dvd maxes out at. even with upscaling to 1080p the depth of the picture cannot come anywhere close to the worst looking blu ray.

also, when it comes to hd, you have to have your tv at the most optimal settings to get the best results. i worked with hd since it came out and the brand of tv makes a huge difference too.

I don't know, I've never seen it for $13.50 anywhere.

I don't know, I've never seen it for $13.50 anywhere.

Im a dvd man. Didn't know blu rays were more.