• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

it's worth it on blu, the graininess is part of the feel, granted it was shot in 1080i and it was a ok transfer. it still looks worlds above the regular 480p that the dvd maxes out at. even with upscaling to 1080p the depth of the picture cannot come anywhere close to the worst looking blu ray.

also, when it comes to hd, you have to have your tv at the most optimal settings to get the best results. i worked with hd since it came out and the brand of tv makes a huge difference too.

I agree it was made that way intentionally to give it a primal "look" like the original Texas Chainsaw movie with 16 mm. But... I tend to come out of a movie that has loads of grain too(Predator, 300, Gladiator), like when the Hollywood phone number of 555-... is used. I don't like DNR mind you too(The Ultimate Predator Edition :P ). I just like a crisp picture(The Dark Knight, Up!, The Matrix), I guess for the Bravia. I just don't want to pay top dollar for a grainy picture(Burn Notice), that I pay half the price and can upconvert to 720p(just as crappy) anyway. Not all Blu Rays are created equal, just because they say it doesn't make them Blus(Die Hard 2, Tomb Raider, Mission: Impossible, Tombstone-slightly boosted picture quality) :makepoint:

i bought it on blu the week it was released, it was only $20. and well worth it.

then again i'm the that bought the day of the dead remake the day it was released too, and i still hate myself for that one....

:roflmao: ....terrible movie!

Is that the one with Mr. Mariah Carey? 'Cause if it was, that one blew! :sick:

I need to start up a Blu Ray sales thread here, because I have way too many un-opened duplicates. hm

:taptaptap:

Do United States Blu Rays work in Canada? I thought they were Region locked? (shrug)

Blu rays have only 3 regions unlike DVDs that have something like 9... US blu rays will work in Canada....

I need to start up a Blu Ray sales thread here, because I have way too many un-opened duplicates. hm

Do United States Blu Rays work in Canada? I thought they were Region locked? (shrug)

lol

doh!

Only in the blu ray compatible igloos ;)

Spread a little maple syrup on them and they spin just fine.

Spread a little maple syrup on them and they spin just fine.

+1

The DVD says:

Making of The Walking Dead

Inside The Walking Dead Episodes 1-6

A sneek peek with Robert Kirkman

Behind The Scenes zombie make-up tips

Convention panel with producers

The Walking Dead trailer

with...

Zombie school

Bicycle girl

On set with Robert Kirkman

Hanging with Steven Yeun

Inside Dale's RV

On set with Andrew Lincoln

It sounds like alot, but according to most DVD reviewers it goes by too fast and feels bare bones. I would have been more forgiving with commentaries from Kirkman and maybe a b/w showing of at least the pilot.

lol

doh!

Only in the blu ray compatible igloos ;)

Wrote/worked on the sales intro this morning. Some of my best writing, IMHO. Now to find the time to actually starting it. hm

I remember when these press kits were all the rage on here. I just came across this. The auction has nothing to do with me but I thought someone may be interested. Just listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WALKING-DEAD-AMC-Press-Kit-VERY-RARE-Kirkman-/260771696980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb7345154#ht_681wt_922

I picked up a #2 in 9.4 off eBay for $97 shipped before cashback and eBucks. After those works out to be about $89. Good deal or no? Really wish I could see past sales of graded issues to have an idea of what I am spending on some issues I want to pickup.

Also anyone know of a good source for frames for both the prints Tony Moore sells or for pieces of original art from Aldard? My goal by the end of the month is to pickup some nice frames for these pieces.

Finally any big comic book conventions in the next 6 weeks in the Midwest?

Thank you for the feedback and pointing me towards that website. My collecting background is in sports cards so I am familar with a similar site for graded sports card sales and this site will help out a lot.
A noob :)

Looks like we got some fresh meat for the meat grinder :devil:

:jokealert: WTTB :)

Thank you for the feedback and pointing me towards that website. My collecting background is in sports cards so I am familar with a similar site for graded sports card sales and this site will help out a lot.
A noob :)

Looks like we got some fresh meat for the meat grinder :devil:

:jokealert: WTTB :)

Fresh meat indeed. From reading the other threads I can say that the TV series is what opened my eyes to really wanting to collect the actual comics. Already was into the trades but being a collector I have to go for the originals. So maybe new blood is being brought in after all for the comics from the TV series.

I remember when these press kits were all the rage on here. I just came across this. The auction has nothing to do with me but I thought someone may be interested. Just listed.

http://cgi.ebay.com/WALKING-DEAD-AMC-Press-Kit-VERY-RARE-Kirkman-/260771696980?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cb7345154#ht_681wt_922

Incomplete versions of the press kit always go for less than $200. Complete versions are $250-$300. Funny thing is, I've only seen one south american press kit.