• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I think it is probably explained better in the SS room.

I also want to make sure that everyone fully understands that I also pay $5 per book for signatures like everyone else. I don't ask for it to be different and offer it up without being asked. This was not something that I came up with, but something that Kara told CGC this is how she wanted it done. It was originally to be me who handled all books to insure they were paid for the signature, but in fairness, I can't be everywhere and I don't want someone to NOT get a signature based on my convention appearances.

Again, this is not something I advised on or asked them to do (my involvement or the charge per signature), but can see why it would make it easier for them. Tony is one of the most asked for signatures at shows CGC is at (thanks to Jeff! lol), so this helps to get 'witnesses' out to other creators instead of spending 1/3 of the day in line with 10 books at a time trying to get them done.

And as Chris stated earlier, there are plenty more creators asking for something in return and CGC has often offered (myself being one of those people who has offered comps time and time again, Kirkman is probably sick of me asking).

Whether any of us like it or not, this is the way it will be and books will not be CGC SS with Tony Moore on it, unless it goes through this process.

And lastly, I personally do not receive any compensation for this in any way shape or form.

Uh huh.

lol

Not sure who I want to meet more, you(if you do) or Tony/Kara. Both of you guys are legends. lol

:eyeroll:

Someday we will meet TJ, then you can size me up in person... :ohnoez:

I got the sneaking suspicion you would enjoy it much more than I.

Not sure who I want to meet more, you(if you do) or Tony/Kara. Both of you guys are legends. lol

I got the sneaking suspicion you would enjoy it much more than I.

I would just want to braid your beard and put ribbons in it...

Hopefully, they at least do something worthwhile with the money, like giving it to charity.

On this we can agree, although they haven't mentioned anything about it to me personally.

Tony is one of the most asked for signatures at shows CGC is at (thanks to Jeff! lol), so this helps to get 'witnesses' out to other creators instead of spending 1/3 of the day in line with 10 books at a time trying to get them done.

And I paid up to $10 per signature for a majority of those so everyone getting them for free was a deal. :sumo:

i still disagree with charging for a signature. regardless if it is a celbrity or a artist.

thank god for berni wrightson and steve niles and ben templesmith and ryan ottley and charlie adlard and skottie young and brian wood and mike allred and evan dorkin and get my point?

and some of those above need the money and still charge nothing for their sigs...

and doug, when it came to me about the auction for a sketch from tony, i was putting it out there that he is not hurting for money when it comes to his convention appearances....

every artist i've ever requested sketches from are always booked through the con or were booked before the con started. i know that even midlist artists make more from their sketches at cons then what the usual page rate is for the books they work on. but writers on the other hand, well we have not artistic talent so we can't charge for sketches so what are they suppsed to do?

and i still hope that ____ is dead and ______ has to decapitate ________

thank god for berni wrightson and steve niles and ben templesmith and ryan ottley and charlie adlard and skottie young and brian wood and mike allred and evan dorkin and get my point?
One of my favorite funny book writers I just discovered, not too long ago. (thumbs u

somehow, I think he will totally avoid that, being the troll he is...it's safer and easier behind the keyboard...

somehow, I think he will totally avoid that, being the troll he is...it's safer and easier behind the keyboard...

Funny...I guess it's a matter of perspective. What you see as trolling, I attribute to my distaste for wildly_fanciful_statement. I'll be more than happy to gut-check any members of the wildly_fanciful_statement Hype Machine, virtually or in real life if you wish.