• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I like both artists* but actually in those four pieces you picked, IMHO, Charlie's were far superior. Tony's just didn't do it for me. His looked almost like commissions that had no heart (to me) and were "just" posters while Charlie's evoked emotion and made me want to know more about the characters.

Again, just my 2c

*I've only seen Tony's art on WD and nothing else. I've picked up some Battle Pope but haven't read it yet and just haven't gotten around to reading anything else. Not avoiding, just haven't gotten around to it.

I loved Charlie's art on Codeflesh and have really liked it on some other stuff but don't recall the comic's names off the top of my head.

You and I are seeing very different things. I see Moore able to draw characters in different situations and poses. I see Moore with more imagination and ability to execute. I see Adlards characters more wooden. They are like with dolls just set up.

Keep in mind that I have over 18 Adlard pieces compared to 3 Moore pieces. It's not like I hate Adlard.

I didn't think you hated Adlard but was just expressing the opinion that I think Adlard is better or at least to my eyes he is.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

That's all. ;)

They are both awesome.

I get paid by the word.

No wonder your art collection is so impressive! You can definitely afford it!

lol

hm

:censored:

At the end of the day you are left with a debate like those "which super model is hotter?" threads. Neither one of them would get kicked out of bed when it comes down to it.

I would totally cheat on Adlard in a second if Kirkman gave another artist a shot.

:foryou:

They both kick some serious :headbang:

But I did like the Newbie comment about my Moore commission :roflmao:

Tony's just didn't do it for me. His looked almost like commissions that had no heart (to me) and were "just" posters

I watched Tony work on this commission for about 4 hours he put a little heart into it doh!

2lkcqk9.jpg

21bkait.jpg

I watched Tony work on this commission for about 4 hours

You stood over Tony's shoulder for four hours?

Creeper. :baiting:

i could understand if it was gordon because he is so tall that he could be on the other side of the room and still see over tony's shoulder.

I watched Tony work on this commission for about 4 hours

You stood over Tony's shoulder for four hours?

Creeper. :baiting:

:shy:

Hi TJ :hi: u r missed at baltimore

Don't try to lure me into your nondescript, windowless van.

Finally got to talk with Kara via PMs on eBay and all is good. Didn't ask for a reason why I never got responses before but I am calm now about it. :)

Now to decide should I crack out either my #1 9.6 or my #19 9.8 to get signed by Tony Moore next month?

I have a few #19 raws that I think have a solid shot at 9.8 so I am getting them signed and slabbed for sure, because of this not sure I should crack the one already slabbed.

Now the #1 I think will be worth it to get signed and if I sell it later on if I upgrade to a 9.8 I will get my money back from getting it signed, reslabbed and then some.