• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

If these Walking Dead comics keep going up like they have this past 6 months I might end up selling off my whole collection to add to my other favorite hobby. :)

I have always wanted to own a Barrett 50BMG Sniper rifle.

I've owned a Barrett 50cal and it's a rush to shoot. I ended up selling it to persue other aspects of my firearm hobby.

Which one did you own? I think if I do go all out on one I would want to get something like the 82A1 or M107, I just can't see paying a ton for a single bolt action 50 cal.

If these Walking Dead comics keep going up like they have this past 6 months I might end up selling off my whole collection to add to my other favorite hobby. :)

I've owned a Barrett 50cal and it's a rush to shoot. I ended up selling it to persue other aspects of my firearm hobby.

Which one did you own? I think if I do go all out on one I would want to get something like the 82A1 or M107, I just can't see paying a ton for a single bolt action 50 cal.

There isn't anything wrong with the bolt action rifles and they don't cost all that much, about a third of the cost of a semiauto. The semiautos are fun to shoot but I just couldn't justify the extra 6-8k.

There isn't anything wrong with the bolt action rifles and they don't cost all that much, about a third of the cost of a semiauto. The semiautos are fun to shoot but I just couldn't justify the extra 6-8k.

At a third of the cost of the semiauto then yeah it makes sense. I was only seeing suggested retail pricing on the bolt actions which seemed to be closer to 2/3rds the cost of the semis.

I have seen before a 50BMG bolt action upper for an AR15, you have any experience with something like that? I wonder if such a thing would just simply wear out the stuff on the lower since an AR lower was never built to handle such recoil.

At a third of the cost of the semiauto then yeah it makes sense. I was only seeing suggested retail pricing on the bolt actions which seemed to be closer to 2/3rds the cost of the semis.

I have seen before a 50BMG bolt action upper for an AR15, you have any experience with something like that? I wonder if such a thing would just simply wear out the stuff on the lower since an AR lower was never built to handle such recoil.

I have a friend who bought 4 of those 16" 50 cal uppers. The coil isn't all that bad, his brother's 11 old boy shoots it will minimum effort (shoulder fire).. As for wear and tear on the receiver, I'm not sure but it does make you wonder atleast about the pin holes. I guess at 100.00 a receiver isn't to high if you did have to replace it.

So I've got a pretty nice WD #5 signed by Tony Moore, but it has a little circular coffee stain the size of an eraser at the bottom of the front middle. What do we think that would go for on eBay?

I take it the #5 is not slabbed so the signature is not verified. I suppose a small stain like that would reduce the grade to between an 8.5 and a 9 depending on the rest of the book. The unverified signature will probably mean the grade takes a hit too and would come under qualified.

I'm no pro but I would guess $40-$50 on Ebay. If there are no others on sale at that time you may get some higher bids...

The hype on this book is bringing some high prices at the moment in any condition...I wonder if the show will sustain the interest in the comics and for how long...

Edited by pubmonkey

Not sure if this is the proper place to post this info, but what the hell. I received an email about a new website that'll be selling limited edition Walking Dead posters. There are three different ones that go on sale Sunday in editions of 400 for the regular print & 75 for the variant. I have no interest in these, but figured some on here might. Here's the body of the email with all the pertinent info:

Hello everyone,

We hope you all are well and having a great week! We're very excited about our new endeavor, TWENTY EYES COLLECTIVE. And we wanted you to be the first to know about it!

What is TWENTY EYES COLLECTIVE? We're so glad you asked! Well, for starters, it is a new web site and it can be found here:

http://www.20eyesco.com/

But honestly, it's more than that. It's an opportunity for the artists who work with us to have a chance to do some other projects that they really enjoy, and have those pieces available under one umbrella. It could be posters (movie, gig, art print, or anything else), t-shirts, toys, stickers....heck, anything that strikes their fancy! And while you probably will see Cinema Overdrive posters and show info here as well, this site will be much more than that. But if you like what we do (and the artists who do it for us), then you'll have a place to see some really cool, fun stuff both in the immediate future and beyond!

...and we're extremely excited about the first pieces that will be available at TWENTY EYES COLLECTIVE starting on Sunday, February 12th!

Official "Zombies of 'THE WALKING DEAD'" prints

Emmy Award winning special effects artist Greg Nicotero has been a fan of Danny Miller's artwork for some time now. So when he got the official go-ahead from AMC Television to have his zombies turned into a limited edition set of posters, Danny was the first person he contacted. This is a project that Greg really wanted to do and has been instrumental in making happen. And the results are amazing!

"The Zombies of The Walking Dead" is a set of 3 limited edition prints featuring walkers from Season 2 of THE WALKING DEAD.

Each print (a run of 400 each and 75 variants) depict the hideous undead in a 7-color silk screen process. The beasts of the hour are:

-The RV walker that stalks Andrea in the season premiere

-The WELL WALKER in episode 5

-The BEARDED WALKER (to appear in an upcoming episode)

This artwork was designed and created directly from photos taken by award winning make-up effects designer and co-executive producer Greg Nicotero on set during production and licensed by AMC!

The size of each silk screened print is 14" x 30" and all prints are signed by both Greg Nicotero and artist Danny Miller. Each print is individually numbered as well!

The cost will be $40 per print (or $110.00 for a set of all 3) plus shipping and handling (pricing on variants is still TBD)

These prints will be available 10:30 PM EST on Feb 12th at http://www.20eyesco.com/ to coincide with the mid season premiere of THE WALKING DEAD.

Here are a couple of quick teaser pics of just one of the three prints from the set:

TWDprint1.jpg

TWDprint2.jpg

Please don't email us now, as there is nothing presently available (relax, this email is merely 'info only'!)

AMC is making an official announcement about the release of these sets this week, but we wanted to make sure everyone who has supported us since the beginning got the news first. So be sure to check it out on Sunday evening.

Thanks everyone! You guys are the best!

Random post:

Is it true #2 had a lower print run than #1?

Yes from what I have read online #2 only had around 6000 1st print copies while #1 had roughly 10,000 copies of which Jeff has subbed now close to half of those to CGC. :ohnoez:

Edited by brendanb438

Random post:

Yes, WD #2 had a print run of 6,067 (November 2003).

Give a man a fish, he eats for a day.

Teach a man to fish, well I'm sure you've heard that one before. Here is a site I use when I'm curious about print runs: http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html (thumbs u

Random post:

Yes from what I have read online #2 only had around 6000 1st print copies while #1 had roughly 10,000 copies of which Jeff has subbed now close to half of those to CGC. :ohnoez:

WD #1 had a print run of 7,266 total. The 10,000 was a false rumor. (thumbs u

Random post:

WD #1 had a print run of 7,266 total. The 10,000 was a false rumor. (thumbs u

Ok good to know, everything I have ever read said that there were roughly 7200 black labels and another 3000 or so white labels. So the reality is 7266 total with no true idea on how many black vs. white vs. my one blue label? :insane: