• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Yeah WTF? Did you also see this auction?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-41-key-shocking-4-page-sequence-SPLASH-PAGE-ADLARD-ZOMBIES-NR-/320852404071?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ab44b2767#ht_500wt_1182

This makes NO sense at all. Have people simply ran out of money, or what's happening? It should have sold for 2x the winning bid.

those pages aren't worth much more than that. i bought a double page spread of issue 66 (pages 6 & 7) for $300 (and personally, i think my pages are FAR better than what was on ebay). so, $500-$600 is what those 4 should have gone for.

Edited by Hawkman

Sure..... I will pack it up and ship it right over. I wish I would have had it when the Wizard show was going on in New Orleans...... The actor who plays Carl was there and would have loved to have had him pose with it and show him his future....hahaha

Sure..... I will pack it up and ship it right over. I wish I would have had it when the Wizard show was going on in New Orleans...... The actor who plays Carl was there and would have loved to have had him pose with it and show him his future....hahaha

Hey, I'm a nice guy, I'll pay shipping :grin:

Anyhow, that would be wild having a picture of him with the art!!

I completely understand where your opinion is coming from, but as a big collector of Adlard WD art, I know the market fairly well.

If this is normal for prices, why did the two page splash (issue 84 pg 16 & 17) sell for over $2,500 last year? The art to issue 92's cover recently sold for $2,500.

An even greater comparison was page 16 from issue 39 (the splash where Dale is bitten for the first time). That single splash, on a 8 1/2 by 14in page sold for around $800.

I know that smaller art should be cheaper in reality, but with the WD I've noticed that because there aren't many normal 11 x 17 pages on the market, the smaller 8 1/2 by 14 in pages have been commanding similar prices. Pages from the series are minimum $100 on Mark Hays website. I don't see how a total of 4 pages, one being a splash page, would sell for this.

I've bought and sold over a dozen adlard pieces including the full Michonne torture sequence from #33 and the splash of Lori and Judith's end from 48, so I am not totally talking out of my here. lol

Was the two page splash from #84 sold at a set price for $2500 from Mark or another seller? Or was it at auction? Like most modern artwork, there's a high likelihood that the price the artist sells it for might be the highest price it will go for for some time.

Was the Dale page $800 on Mark's site or through personal sale or at auction?

CAF Market Data doesn't list either sale, which leads me to believe that they were direct sales. Which don't compare, at all, with what pieces sell for at auction.

And I would never compare Adlard's covers, especially with one the most popular characters on them, rendered in full 11x17 size with these 2 pagers on one page.

Look at them objectively, it's one money panel out of both pieces. A single panel, the rest of pretty much nothing, and this isn't Dale. Aside from what Mark's sold pieces for in the past or continues to sell them for, you've got to grab a bidder and these pieces are so meh to me.

Just my opinion based on all the artwork I have seen move since Adlard took over the book.

The Issue 84 page was sold by a French art gallery in Paris.

I guess after hearing all the talk I may have gotten a bit ahead of myself. It's just difficult to value pages based on content sometimes. Saying one this is worth more than another is, I feel, is a big part of the subjective nature of purchasing art. While one thing is worth nothing to some, it can be worth more to others.

This aside, I appreciate all the comments.

And sweet dbl pg splash of Carl!

I bought the page from that gallery in paris. I was nevous because I never heard of anyone dealing with them but they ended up being legit and I have already put an order in for more pages.

That gallery in paris bought the entire No Way Out storyarc original art.

I only have one page of Walking Dead OA...well its a double page....It doesnt have any zombies but its a key page.....

carl.jpg

Didn't mean to post a spoiler....sorry...but it was from like 11 issues ago

Really next time please use the spoiler tags. I mean WTF zombies? I haven't even opened up issue #1 and you are telling me this comic is about zombies?

:ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez: :ohnoez:

Nice piece of artwork. One of the most important scenes in the more recent issues, congrats! (thumbs u

hi everyone. Thought I'd share these covers, otherwise what use is there to owning something like this, if you cannot share. Anyways have owned them a couple of yrs, part of a larger purchase back then. Thanks for allowing me to share.

Picture377-1.jpg

I want to thank FIREFLY and Comic Book Guy for helping me out with getting one of each of the B&W variants and color variants of Walking Dead #94 from the Image Comic Expo this weekend. My wife is gonna kill me once I tell her how much I spent on comic variants from Image Expo this weekend but hey you only live once.

I can't wait to get these ready to get signed and hopefully subbed this summer to become Signature Series books.

:applause:

Btw, thanks all for sharing their OA and books. Love droolin on my keyboard! lol