• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

It's hard to believe nobody in the series know how to fish?Are the fish contaminated? I don't remember a boat in the whole story so far.Even if it was used for transportation. No interstate pileups to worry about and plenty of fishing towns to go in and out of for supplies. And what about hunting. Are all the wild animals gone? They're in the woods alot...no deer,squirrels,rabbits?

I seem to recall something about fishing ... Maybe that was the tv show hm Hunting I don't recall really seeing any animals you think they would indeed have birds or a random wild dog or hell even I think cats... In the first book you see a zombie eating an animal but both rick & the other guy agree they would rather not have the anyone eat it after the zombies been munching on it ...

I was quite jealous of ThoseBackPages' first time full read through. Picking up a book when it already has a good run or a complete arc is one of my favourite things (in general I read less Marvel month on month so reading the complete Civil War or Ultimate Spiderman immediately spring to mind). I reckon you and others are going to be enjoying it far more for what it is rather than spending time noticing what it isn't. Must remember to punch my little brother the next time he reminds me he has been saving up the last few arcs for one long read. :devil:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh and is it just me or are things starting to thin out a bit on ebay? Was popping this into search in the comics category on .co.uk:

walking dead -weekly -v. -vol -volume -survivors -survivor's -book -hard -tpb -tbp -trade -95 -96 -97 -98 -99 -100 -101 -102 -thief -dinosaur -pope -figure -infinite -haunt -playboy -glass -poster -science -compendium

Haven't really been looking for a few weeks... completed listings are not too shabby at all hm

lol Garf!

i hear you though. ive been a long time collector of sports cards, and when someone new starts discovering awesome things for the first time, i feel the same way.

Now my problem is, what's next as for as comic books that are "ongoing"? lol

WD - Check

Invincible - Check

Chew - about half way done (and with only 27 issues, not that much to catch up on)

lol Garf!

i hear you though. ive been a long time collector of sports cards, and when someone new starts discovering awesome things for the first time, i feel the same way.

WD - Check

Invincible - Check

Chew - about half way done (and with only 27 issues, not that much to catch up on)

Add Saga and Thief of Thieves to your list, trust me, those are in for the long haul.

Saga - truly epic storyline, vast universe, awesome art by extremely in demand artist Fiona Staples, people have likened this to Star Wars

Thief of Thieves - amazing story as well and AMC has already nailed down television rights to the story (though not confirmed will take off, but definitely a big step)

lol Garf!

WD - Check

Invincible - Check

Add Saga and Thief of Thieves to your list, trust me, those are in for the long haul.

Saga - truly epic storyline, vast universe, awesome art by extremely in demand artist Fiona Staples, people have likened this to Star Wars

Thief of Thieves - amazing story as well and AMC has already nailed down television rights to the story (though not confirmed will take off, but definitely a big step)

Yes! i forgot to mention that im reading and "up to date" on ToT, Saga and Fatale (only learned later on that this one was not on-going :(

ive also read the first issue of Mind The Gap and enjoyed it (as im from NYC)

Well been a fun weekend for me here in Ohio. We got hit hard by that monster storm Friday afternoon and I have been without power up until about an hour ago.

I did manage to go down to Louisville, KY for the Fright Night Horror Fest and got to meet Norman Reedus again along with Jeffrey DeMunn and Iron E Singleton. Was a interested time to say the least I will post more in detail later. Here is an update to my Walking Dead #1 Cover Print signed from Tony Moore that measures 11" by 17". Sigs added this weekend included Jeffrey DeMunn, Iron E Singleton (who I asked to just sign and add T-Dog but he put that dumb saying of "Truth & Love" behind his sig) and Savana Wehunt who was one of the zombies. Kevin Galbraith who played the zombie that killed Dale was a no show on Saturday while I was there and I already have Norman Reedus and Madison Lintz on the print.

I now have Reedus, Rooker, Lintz, Singleton, DeMunn, Miller, Tillis and WeHunt for 8 sigs on it. I will try to get a better picture later.

photo8sg.jpg

lol Garf!

WD - Check

Invincible - Check

Add Supurbia as it's mini has finished & gone to ongoing & Hell Yeah.

(sorry, those were for another thread)

Edited by songsaboutclouds

At the show this weekend I did decide to get one Walking Dead comic signed by Jeffrey DeMunn, I went with the Dale's Death issue #66. Turned out really nicely with how DeMunn signed it.

photo10lr.jpg

photo14sx.jpg

photo16um.jpg

Not sure if you went off my suggestion (when you asked I mentioned sort of as a joke to get #66 signed), but if you did, that's awesome and I'm insanely jealous of you, he was by far my favorite character of the show!

Since I didn't have a raw copy of issue #3 I decided to either go with a good cover of Dale or the death issue. Well there really isn't a good cover of Dale throughout the whole comic run so #66 was my choice. DeMunn said he had never seen that particular cover before and when I explained to him the significance of the issue he got a real kick out of it.

I had a blast talking with him for a while since no one was really wanting to get his signature which still blows my mind. Everyone and their mother and grandmother (I really mean this their were 3 generations of women from one family behind me in line) were wanting Norman Reedus' signature but almost zero interest in DeMunn.

We spoke a while about AMC and how horrible they were to work with for him (I had him laughing a bunch when I told him how horrible they are to work with in my job at a major cable company) and we spoke a bunch about him working again with Darabont and Bernthal in the upcoming show L.A. Noir. I haven't really enjoyed such an interaction with an actor in probably a decade of going to shows since back in the day with James Marsters when I helped hook him up with a PS2 the month they came out.

Thats awesome. And LA Noire... As in the video game, there a show?? Omg... That will be killer!

Show has nothing to do with the game from what I understand. Also Darabont decided to spell it L.A. Noir instead of the normal spelling Noire.

Thats awesome. And LA Noire... As in the video game, there a show?? Omg... That will be killer!

Show has nothing to do with the game from what I understand. Also Darabont decided to spell it L.A. Noir instead of the normal spelling Noire.

You spelled LA Snore wrong.

Jerome

At the show this weekend I did decide to get one Walking Dead comic signed by Jeffrey DeMunn, I went with the Dale's Death issue #66. Turned out really nicely with how DeMunn signed it.

photo14sx.jpg

Ha! Is that you with the hair, bro? \m/

Nice placement on the #66 sig, right where it should be!

I'm back fellow zombie lovers - and not without something brilliant to add -

For those who missed it please watch:

For those who saw it, you know you will enjoy watching again:

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/zombie-attack---uncensored

And for those who don't know who Tosh is, get educated immediately.

As he says, enjoy.

Best clip ever :D he really shocked the people expect the guys at the end haha great :D i have to try if it works over here in germany ^^

photo14sx.jpg

lol um no. I am taking the picture with my iPhone and that beast is a female I think.

photo14sx.jpg

and that beast is a female I think.

*waits for the firestorm to pass*