• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Don't look now but a slabbed 9.4 #1 sold for $800 today. These things are heating up sooner than I thought.

Jim

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

SDCC might have something to do with it, but I think most of this is from AMC. They've been playing all of the Walking Dead reruns and Talking Dead has been plugging the comics all weekend, stirring up a frenzy.

Don't look now but a slabbed 9.4 #1 sold for $800 today. These things are heating up sooner than I thought.

Jim

A slabbed 8.0 sold for over $500 a couple of weeks ago. Can't find it in the completed listings now but it was BIN. People want a copy. Condition is secondary to actually obtaining one.

Has anyone posted this ebay auction yet?

Walking Dead 1,2,3,19, 27, all keys!!

Read the description carefully and see if you can spot how this seller may never actually send anyone a #1,2,3,19 or 27 at all and maybe get away with it.

Amazing how people have ebay, paypal, and bank accounts and still are dumb enough to fall for these types of things.

Yes. He has posted this umpteen times and was shut down every time until he removed the term "grab bag" from the description. It's apparently ok now.

Sigh

And he's sold 47 of them so far - a couple of multiple buys, but not that many. I wonder what kind of feedback the people that get #97 for their $30 are going to start leaving.

This part is the kicker...

I have a total of 157 with multi copies of #8, #19, #27, just to name a few. I only have 85 listed because I have reached my selling limit so just note that if you buy one you will be getting one from the 157 that I have.

So he has 1-99 but with multiples. And since he's "hit his selling limit" he can only list 85 lots which he is selling in that listing. So there are 72 books he's keeping.

Instead of pulling 85 issues and telling people exactly what those 85 issues are he's created a larger pool of comics, including very expensive ones, that may never be sent to anyone.

Doing the math, and completely at random, he may never send anyone a #1, #2, #3, #19, #27 or any other key issue. If he sells them all he gets $2550. 85 copies of a random number, non-key issue, might cost him as little as $200 and as much as $350.

Ah capitalism.

He also purchased a set of the issue 100's which means he's still collecting each issue. I'd feel bad for the buyers but if they are dumb enough to do it, that's their own fault.

He also did this with Amazing Fantasy 15 and says there's some walking dead in those 'mystery' lots too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=320936388937&nma=true&rt=nc&si=Wa4X6QHXewv691KWbVY%252Fq9hB91E%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I'd say he bet that Rick would die. Or Carl

I was thinking that as well. The guy that he made the bet with was saying how he was always complaining about TWD being predictable.

Several people here have made that prediction as well.

What do you guys think? Do you want to see Rick or Carl die?