• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

3rd most graphic/violent thing to happen, behind only michonne's repeated rape and her revenge on the governor. i'd put tyrese's be-heading just behind glenn's beating. that was hard to read

I still maintain the Carl killing the child murderer wasone if not the most shocking moments in any comic & that the rape & murder of children were more shocking moments in comic history.

3rd most graphic/violent thing to happen, behind only michonne's repeated rape and her revenge on the governor. i'd put tyrese's be-heading just behind glenn's beating. that was hard to read

I still maintain the Carl killing the child murderer wasone if not the most shocking moments in any comic & that the rape & murder of children were more shocking moments in comic history.

I completely forgot, until recently, that Abraham said his daughter was 6 or 7 when she was raped - whereas he turned the guy who did it inside out. Woah on both accounts.

I completely forgot, until recently, that Abraham said his daughter was 6 or 7 when she was raped - whereas he turned the guy who did it inside out. Woah on both accounts.

and for all we know, these are the ones that might have done that to Abe's daughter

I was thinking about the pedophile in the prison who killed the girls & Ben killing his brother. Abraham's reference is obviously disgusting, infuriating unconscionable, unadalterated evil, but the fact that it wasn't depicted against children readers had become fond of & cared for personally made it less impactful. The more that I think about the horror the survivors have endured the less likely I am to fall asleep. My God this book is disturbing!

and for all we know, these are the ones that might have done that to Abe's daughter

I'm pretty sure Abe said it was a group of people from his hometown.. but I could be wrong.

Pretty sure Negan's group is pretty damn close to this though based on his will nilly-ness with that bat and some of his dialogue. I think that there's going to be some dark stuff to come. I forgot just HOW dark this comic has been at times. The governor's "fifty seven channels and nothing on" wall of heads, or Hershel's two daughters heads getting cut off. I think that the last thirty issues or so have lulled readers into this perception that things could never get that bad again. Boy I hope I'm wrong - I think that brutality is what I like most about this comic.

If you ran the Escape around 6ish PM tonight Adlard was running with you... He said he had a blast.

:o

He must've been the guy I trampled over. lol

Thinking of doing it again. It was a cardio like A mother :censored:.

Or maybe he was the guy that kept staring at me. hm

Saw Kirkman there. Would have like him to run it. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

If you ran the Escape around 6ish PM tonight Adlard was running with you... He said he had a blast.

i heard he drew #101 while he was running...might explain the lower quality art (mostly jokes)

okay guys/gals, without giving away what happened in #100, what are your most graphic/violent moments in WD, in order? i rethought my earlier post (and i might be forgetting some things). Cant be something that was said, has to be something we saw in the book.

MINE:

1. Michonne being repeatedly raped

2. Revenge of The Spoon!

Glenn beaten to death with lucille

4. The prison scene with the 2 kids beheaded

5. Tyreese beheaded

6. Carl Rocks The Slick Rick Look

7. Tainted Meat!

8. Lori and Judith taking a bullet

9. Rick becoming the one armed man

10. Rick save me!!!....nah, i think i'll cut your hand off and save my son instead.

i don't remember if they showed what rick did to the guys that tried to molest Carl.

I offered to buy all the art for 100 months ago and would have paid any price for it. As much as I loved the book, in hindsight I'm glad Mark didn't take me up on it. It was a great story but nothing that should stay intact that I needed to be the custodian of.

Jim

Felix said in the OA forum that 99 pages were for sale so maybe someone bought out whatever was left early on.

I offered to buy all the art for 100 months ago and would have paid any price for it. As much as I loved the book, in hindsight I'm glad Mark didn't take me up on it. It was a great story but nothing that should stay intact that I needed to be the custodian of.

Jim

Felix said in the OA forum that 99 pages were for sale so maybe someone bought out whatever was left early on.

Wasnt someone in the forum saying the Kirkman kept the Adlard wraparound cover? I wonder where the 100 OA went --- even though the art wasnt anything special, having a piece of "100" would have been cool..

Lori and Judith was worse than this one for me. It was faster but it was an infant and mother.

okay guys/gals, without giving away what happened in #100, what are your most graphic/violent moments in WD, in order? i rethought my earlier post (and i might be forgetting some things). Cant be something that was said, has to be something we saw in the book.

MINE:

1. Michonne being repeatedly raped

2. Revenge of The Spoon!

Glenn beaten to death with lucille

4. The prison scene with the 2 kids beheaded

5. Tyreese beheaded

6. Carl Rocks The Slick Rick Look

7. Tainted Meat!

8. Lori and Judith taking a bullet

9. Rick becoming the one armed man

10. Rick save me!!!....nah, i think i'll cut your hand off and save my son instead.

i don't remember if they showed what rick did to the guys that tried to molest Carl.

I don't remember 1 being shown. It was discussed and we saw the aftermath, but I don't remember anything actually shown of it happening.

Jim

Honestly, I think you dodged a bullet. :) Congrats!

The way I judge unsettling is if I'd want the art on my wall to look at repeatedly.

Top five:

Lori and Judith (aftermath)

Tyrese (multiple chops)

Carl (saying 'Dad')

The scene at night where Carl, Rick and Abraham are attacked (specifically the one panel of the guy pulling at Carl's pants)

Glenn (saying 'Maggie')

The way I judge unsettling is if I'd want the art on my wall to look at repeatedly.

Top five:

Lori and Judith (aftermath)

Tyrese (multiple chops)

Carl (saying 'Dad')

The scene at night where Carl, Rick and Abraham are attacked (specifically the one panel of the guy pulling at Carl's pants)

Glenn (saying 'Maggie')

Why is it when people get shot or bashed in the brain, they keep talking!!!!??? Just seems like it has been happening a lot lately.

Only 4 violent acts really stand apart from the rest, IMO

1. Lori and Judith

2. Tyrese

3. Carl

4. The spoon

Those twin girls in the prison. :eek: