• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Ok Nancy boy. How many guns did you fire today? ;)
It was a beautiful day out, just to admire things. A family of turkeys running about the property, a huge spiderweb made by the tiniest spider, etc (a trip through the country to the dump). Just couldn't bring myself to sight anything in after what happened. It was my version of flying the flags at half-mast. :(

Ok Nancy boy. How many guns did you fire today? ;)
It was a beautiful day out, just to admire things. A family of turkeys running about the property, a huge spiderweb made by the tiniest spider, etc (a trip through the country to the dump). Just couldn't bring myself to sight anything in after what happened. It was my version of flying the flags at half-mass. :(

I hear you my friend. :(

Re: Negan

He needs to marinate a little more to feed the emotions of readers, which will just make the end of his life a little sweeter. He's still got a ways to go. Makes the plot much more heavy and interesting. hm

It took me awhile to hate the governor and his most hateful act caused his death. I hate Negan now. If the next 12 issues were nothing but feeding little bits of him to zombies fed by Maggie while Rick and Michonne stand guard I would buy every variant. That was so heart breaking I'd be tempted to beat anyone that dressed up like him at a Comicon.

hm

I think you just gave me a great idea. I wonder if he'll eventually become a character in the show. I believe he'll still be in the book 'til next year. I've never dressed up, but if I ever did, it would have to be a character that does not look like a dork. I actually thought of the Gov this year, but passed. Maybe next year? Negan? Of coarse, I'd have Doug as back up in case you do decide to tackle me down. lol

hm Negan zombie?

You better come up with a better plan. All I have to do is throw a WD slabbed 9.9 and your backup would beeline like George Michael to a restroom.

He needs to marinate a little more to feed the emotions of readers, which will just make the end of his life a little sweeter. He's still got a ways to go. Makes the plot much more heavy and interesting. hm

It took me awhile to hate the governor and his most hateful act caused his death. I hate Negan now. If the next 12 issues were nothing but feeding little bits of him to zombies fed by Maggie while Rick and Michonne stand guard I would buy every variant. That was so heart breaking I'd be tempted to beat anyone that dressed up like him at a Comicon.

hm

I think you just gave me a great idea. I wonder if he'll eventually become a character in the show. I believe he'll still be in the book 'til next year. I've never dressed up, but if I ever did, it would have to be a character that does not look like a dork. I actually thought of the Gov this year, but passed. Maybe next year? Negan? Of coarse, I'd have Doug as back up in case you do decide to tackle me down. lol

hm Negan zombie?

You better come up with a better plan. All I have to do is throw a WD slabbed 9.9 and your backup would beeline like George Michael to a restroom.

:roflmao:

Why can't you do it? Why can't you set your monkey free? Always giving in to it. Do you love the monkey or do you love me?

hm

hm Negan zombie?

:roflmao:

I think you're right.

I just find it funny how people can get so invested in fictional characters.

mess, I kill mine off, maybe it's a writer thing.

Actually it is, the more pain you put your characters through, the better the story.

I've never been so emotionally involved that I've gotten pissed off or upset that a character was killed/died. I get pissed when a story sucks.

Actually it is, the more pain you put your characters through, the better the story.

I've never been so emotionally involved that I've gotten pissed off or upset that a character was killed/died. I get pissed when a story sucks.

lol

When a story sucks, I just leave it alone and move on. Isn't the main reason for continued reading due to the investment put into the characters? Why wouldn't a reader get emotionally attached to characters? Why even read it then? (shrug)

I think its the fact that the comic inspires people to post comments about how they feel is what makes TWD so great.

I felt sickened by Glenns death - its like I had 'known' him for quite a while, and if a comic can do that, then its a very,very good story.

And will ensure its popularity for decades to come.

When it finishes, any first print edition will be $100 at least.

When Rick finally eats it - that will be almost as big as #1 and bigger than #19 and #27.

Good Luck to anyone finding some at cover in Brangets neck of the woods!

Maybe Kirkman is just that good. Both 48 and 100 hit home indifferent ways for me. Both made me physically ill.

i think enough of the 'good guys' have died for awhile....the other side needs to get slaughtered some.

i could see Carl sneaking into the camp and slitting Negan's throat and shoving his head on a spike.

hm

hm Negan zombie?

:shy: did someone say 9.9

hm

hm Negan zombie?

:shy: did someone say 9.9

Well, there goes that idea. I can just bring my own version of Lucille then. (thumbs u