• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

This is a discussion board braggy-bear, as such, we discuss ideas -- using catch all phrases like "common sense would tell you" really doesn't move forward the conversation, rather it just sort of entrenches yourself deeper in your views..

Try to be more open to other people and their ideas, for no reason other than you might enjoy the conversation more, and maybe even make a new friend!

Edit: forgot to include:

80216792.jpg

Edited by Jerry S

This is a discussion board braggy-bear, as such, we discuss ideas -- using catch all phrases like "common sense would tell you" really doesn't move forward the conversation, rather it just sort of entrenches yourself deeper in your views..

Try to be more open to other people and their ideas, for no reason other than you might enjoy the conversation more, and maybe even make a new friend!

Edit: forgot to include:

80216792.jpg

Oh, you mean like calling people names. Gotcha! Win lots of friends there. The religious scenes you mentioned are more part of the background and are representative of your United States no? There are no religious advertisements or prayer circles that I recall. Considering I'm Wiccan I tend to notice organized religion being thrust upon me. There is nothing close to that in the Walking Dead. Some of the characters appear to be Christian and in a time of crisis the vast majority look to the sky (enter any deity here) for answers and/or salvation. The few episodes with the scientific slant could be posted on the Scientology website if they were so inclined.

Because it doesn't affect the integrity of the book? If I am looking at what I think I am then 9.6/9.8 all day long.

I just got banged with a 9.6 on a Walking Dead No. 1 that has much, much less color loss vertically on the spine than that book. I don't think CGC will give it a 9.8. If they do, I got major raw deal.

WD is a book about zombies and the end of the world. There's going to be religious elements in it. If no one ever discussed religion, it wouldn't make any sense. Religion is just one of those things where people will never agree on. Some will think they push it too much, others not enough, and so on. I don't think they are overpowering when referencing it but that's just my opinion. And if we had 100 people comment on it, you'd get 100 different opinions.

And?

Because in a world like The Walking Dead's, you have to believe in something to stay alive—even if all you can believe in is yourself.

All the articles mention something about religion but none even come close to talking about an agenda.