• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

...not including The Shield of course)

My buddies and I would wait all week, every week, for that show.

That may have been the greatest show ever.

+1

I remember Chiklis doing an interview about getting pulled over for speeding. The cop made him get out of the car and put his hands on the hood. The cop then started laughing and said, "Vic Mackey is the baddest son of a :censored: on the planet!" and then asked him for his autograph. lol

Hate to break up the TV show discussion (shrug)

So I went on GPA there is some guy that basically slabbed all the covers in 9.8 and has them up on flea bay at @ $80 bucks BIN. Plus he has a 9.8 1:200 copy @ $450 anybody think these will sell?

I am mostly a silver age collector but I took a shot on 2 1:200 covers on a pre sale deal, on there way to be slabbed. you guys think I might make money, break even, or be using the books to light a cigar in a few months

Oooohhhh.

Moderns are dragging the Silver Age folk over now..reckon we might be on to something here boys? :idea:

Hate to break up the TV show discussion (shrug)

So I went on GPA there is some guy that basically slabbed all the covers in 9.8 and has them up on flea bay at @ $80 bucks BIN. Plus he has a 9.8 1:200 copy @ $450 anybody think these will sell?

I am mostly a silver age collector but I took a shot on 2 1:200 covers on a pre sale deal, on there way to be slabbed. you guys think I might make money, break even, or be using the books to light a cigar in a few months

Hope you fast tracked them, the book is dropping.

Two raw copies just sold in the $170 range and another sold for $136.

The comixology sketch cover has stolen it's thunder as the rare must have book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-100-Black-White-1-200-Variant-NM-/271024311715?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3f1a4ecda3&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Walking-Dead-100-1-200-Copy-Adlard-B-W-Variant-Cover-/290747886757?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43b1ecaca5&_uhb=1#ht_749wt_948

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-WALKING-DEAD-100-1-200-BLACK-WHITE-VARIANT-ROBERT-KIRKMAN-NM-/150864879776?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item23203f60a0&_uhb=1#ht_1275wt_948

Anyway, so I contacted two of the buyers who left positive feedback for the "walking dead lotto" auction and asked what books they got. I'll update once they reply.

New lottery scam update: 8, 21, 26, 31, 46, 47, 50, 51, 60, 64, 77, 80, 80 variant, 89, Image Firsts #1

I have a pretty good idea how the scam works but if someone, in detail, could explain it better than I can would, it would be much appreciated

Really? It is called he doesn't send out a single key issue or book worth what you have paid.

I have a pretty good idea how the scam works but if someone, in detail, could explain it better than I can would, it would be much appreciated

Really? It is called he doesn't send out a single key issue or book worth what you have paid.

That I got, I was just curious what the draw was in the listing. I've only come across one personally and new it was a sham. I also wanted to know if anyone here had been taken

That's exactly what we're doing here, is seeing if anyone who purchased a "lotto ticket" is getting any key issues, which the seller promises.

It's simple, ask every single person who orders from him, so far everyone has replied and willing to divulge what they received. I want to see someone reply saying they got a key, and if that happens, maybe ill bite. If we get 85 or so non key issue responses, one can assume the rest are going to be decent grabs for $30. If there's a duplicate or no keys sent, he'll be outed as scamming.