• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

If you do an auction, skip the personalized part. Since the winner is basically paying for it, let them decide if they want it or not. 2c

However, if you do a contest and give it away do whatever you want to prevent flipping. (thumbs u

If you do it, that's incredibly generous of you. (worship)

I would certainly be interested in playing/bidding... The biggest regret I have is selling my #1. I fell on hard times, just after my youngest boy was born, and sold pretty much all my valuable books :cry:

Edited by gaz2810i

raffle it off, five bucks a ticket, maximum ten tickets or something, have the money donated to a worthwhile charity, likely have the buyers send directly to that charity if you can find one that will work with you in providing the names and quantities of each entrant, even better if they draw the winning entrant themselves.

http://www.randompicker.com/

I am leaning more towards the charity side of things. I will be seeing Tony in a couple of weeks and would like his input. The reason being is any donation I would like to see a) go to a charity close to the creators and b) research how they get the tax wrote off.

I'm all for doing this but if they can benefit from less taxes it's a win-win-win. :)

If you do an auction, skip the personalized part. Since the winner is basically paying for it, let them decide if they want it or not. 2c

However, if you do a contest and give it away do whatever you want to prevent flipping. (thumbs u

If you do it, that's incredibly generous of you. (worship)

Completely agree. I am leaning towards the charity auction right now.

So the specifics of the book. SS or Universal. Creators and Actors? I assume the #1 would be the book of choice.

Maybe also a Chew #1. Anyone familiar with running a charity auction here on the boards?

Cool. When you settle on a charity I'd try and make it work to where the money from the buyer or buyers if you go raffle goes directly to that charity rather than through your hands as it might get messy for tax purposes otherwise. Perhaps an accountant here might have a better perspective on a solution.

I'm not an accountant by I am a financial planner. The tax writeoff wouldn't be much of a benefit to the buyer. The buyer can only claim what they paid above fair market value ( example: if they pay $1500 and the FMV of the #1 is 1000, they could possibly write off $500 as a charitable contribution). But the donation would have to go directly to the charity. Its really confusing and if you wan to pm me branget I can possibly explain better later when I'm not sitting in a mall chair while my wife spends all my money that I could be using to buy comics.

I was thinking of where the money was paid. If it was a donation to Heroes I understand the entire donation is a write off. The money would be donated in Moore and Kirkman's names.

Branget, def liking the charity idea that could benefit writers/artists. I'd buy a ton of raffle tickets.

I'm also a nice boardie who wouldn't sell it and would cherish it for his own personal collection. The game idea is rad too, I love trivia type stuff.

Oh and my personal opinion? Straight up universal label. :)

jeff maybe other people can donate something also to help in bringing in more money if its for charity . I think something for kids is always a + in everyones book .

Never used the charity function on there. Can you choose the charity to donate to or do you have to use their charity?

You have to use a charity that is on their drop down list, which is limited. But you can contact them to add one that you'd like to work with, but they are not very good with it. I've been trying to add one for a very long time now with no success. Paperwork lagging. (shrug)

I guess you can't sell that can you? ;)

Nice Steve!

+1

Edited by FIREFLY

More progress on my tattoo, still not finished, but I love it so far :cloud9:

e4d6c0a4.jpg

my GF knows a woman on twitter actually named Michonne, and what's funny is that she's actually a lawyer and just about a month ago found out who the character was. ash, can you post the other WD tattoo you have? (you do have two right, i think i remember that)