• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

So this would be another green label WD 100 issue :eyeroll: 'Thanks for nothing' comes to mind.

Jerome

Why wouldn't cgc recognize the signatures as being authentic since every issued comic will have the sign?

Unless there is a witness from CGC, which there very well could be (but I doubt it), it's gonna get be a GLOD. However, if every issue is like this, then there's no getting around it and GLOD will be the 'standard' for this issue.

But I've always wondered. What if you have this 'signed' comic and then get CGC witness Kirkman actually signing the comic (for a second time), will it be a yellow SS? Or something else entirely because of the unwitnessed sig?

Jerome

Edited by jump_ace

So this would be another green label WD 100 issue :eyeroll: 'Thanks for nothing' comes to mind.

Jerome

Why wouldn't cgc recognize the signatures as being authentic since every issued comic will have the sign?

Unless there is a witness from CGC, which there very well could be (but I doubt it), it's gonna get be a GLOD. However, if every issue is like this, then there's no getting around it and GLOD will be the 'standard' for this issue.

But I've always wondered. What if you have this 'signed' comic and then get CGC witness Kirkman actually signing the comic (for a second time), will it be a yellow SS? Or something else entirely because of the unwitnessed sig?

Jerome

You wouldn't want to do that. (tsk)

This has come up before with other books.

If you take that book and get it signed again, the new signature will get you a yellow label. HOWEVER, the first signature will count as a defect and you have zero chance of a CGC 9.8. CGC is actually pretty harsh on the signature to, so the drop is significant.

Bear in mind, on these types of books a green label isn't the end of the world. Even though it's a green label, it's not really a GLOD (green label of death) because ALL of them are this way. So the value isn't really dropped as there will be ZERO blue labels to sell higher.

Please for the love of god NOBODY spend that $750 the eBay insufficiently_thoughtful_person is asking for. If you do I officially quit collecting this series and will move back to trades.

I have bought from that guy quite a few times. He is a very good seller and has always been quick to respond or fix a problem, but, I do think the price is way out of line.

WD 100 Retailer Incentive

I purchased off him as well, which makes me sad cause I truly was going to send a nasty message to him. I know it's of poor taste and people here don't agree with calling sellers out on prices, but I personally feel he's literally ruining the chances of true fans from picking up that book at a reasonable price.

All it takes is one person who has more money than they know what to do with and buy it, and that will set the standard. It pisses me off just thinking about it.

Edited by roastedbagel

It won't set a standard...most people (the ones with enough common sense not to buy it) will know it's an outlier.

If the first price set the market, then the Escape variant would be a $275 book. It's not. It's $70 now...because everyone with common sense waited for the market to adjust accordingly.

Please for the love of god NOBODY spend that $750 the eBay insufficiently_thoughtful_person is asking for. If you do I officially quit collecting this series and will move back to trades.

I have bought from that guy quite a few times. He is a very good seller and has always been quick to respond or fix a problem, but, I do think the price is way out of line.

Jay (Jason) is a friend of mine, and I think he's just putting a price out there and fielding offers to get an idea of what the market will be. He knows he'll get a copy, but wants to be able to sell at the top of the market. It's not the sellers pricing people out, it's the publisher only making 500 available. If the market demand makes it a $700 book, then you spend about that to get a copy.

Does anyone remember the stupidity that surrounded the platinum spidey 1? It went crazy like this too, and then copies continued to come out of the woodwork for years.

Edited by jaster-mereel

Jerome

Jerome

But what if he traces over his sig, or incorporates his sig into one of those zombie sketches he does??

:jokealert:

My problem with this is asking for $3.99 shipping on $750 listing :screwy:

lol

I'm perfectly willing but how would I do it?

Giving away a WD 1 just so someone could sell it on eBay seems a waste. Suggestions?

That would be a waste. You should give it to someone who has every issue besides #1 and #2 to keep in their own personal collection. :baiting::angel: