• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

how did those of you that were around in 2011 NOT stock the F up on Walking Dead Weekly? lol

We already had the first prints and weren't obsessive enough to want them? lol. I don't know, maybe that's just my answer. Also not everyone was speculating/selling. I wasn't buying to sell anything back then - I'm still not, these freshly graded books were my raw collection, bought from spending hours hunting down HG raw back issues. I painstakingly put together that run from when WD was almost as important to me as my kids, lol

Ok, I have a question about selling/grading some Walking Dead issues.

I picked up a collection from a local dealer that consisted of the following issues :

2 copies of Walking Dead 1 special edition

2 copies of 50

2 copies Image expo variant

100 Chrome cover

100 2nd print

All are first prints and 9.8 quality ...So, what should I grade certain ones ? Sell them as a set ? Sell individually raw ?

Any input would be great !!

I picked up a collection from a local dealer that consisted of the following issues :

2 copies of 50

100 Chrome cover

100 2nd print

All are first prints and 9.8 quality ...So, what should I grade certain ones ? Sell them as a set ? Sell individually raw ?

sell them as sets, for instance, #61 & 63 together. the 30's/40's together.

how did those of you that were around in 2011 NOT stock the F up on Walking Dead Weekly? lol

I bought my brother a copy of #1 and told him to keep it since it might be worth something later on. That copy is in his bathroom and is very well read.

If they're definite 9.8s, you have to grade the 48 and 61 or you're giving away money. 53 might be worthwhile as well.

+1

I have two 61s and I'd grade them if they were 9.8s - they're prob 9.4 and a 9.6 though.

Edited by Kathryn

Anyone else picking up 97, 98, and 99 second prints? I still need my 100 second prints. Every copy my LCS received had color-breaking spine creases (and his retailed appreciation cover was so profoundly damaged that it looked like it was intentional). I can't believe that I'm still buying multiple copies of these books! lol

Ordered a few, what the heck.

I grabbed 3 of each - for no real reason than to add them to the pile of other walking dead stuff I'm not sure why I've bought and will hopefully sort itself out at some point in the future when I'm not too scatterbrained to actually do so. was already grabbing some stuff on midtown anyway so tacked em on

Edited by riveraXVX

2 copies of 50

100 Chrome cover

100 2nd print

. If they are all 9.8, I would send the vast majority to be prescreened and graded. At least the semi keys - 1, 48, 53, 61, 63 image expo. Depending on what you have in them, you should be able to clear the slabbing fees easily and most of the early common issues command $75-$100 in 9.8.

Anyone know what the hell this is??

A cgc (whatever that means)..extra-long #100?

This is a step too far if its a re-issue with extra content.

Will be buying 1 regular copy only from now on.

Or have I got this wrong?

Is it a 9.8 slab or something?

Answers welcome please!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=DF+WALKING+DEAD+%23100+CGC+_1226966

Must have slabbed a lot then.

I hope you are right because if Kirkman starts adding extras 'down the track' then it will kill the book.

Thanks mate.

Anyone know what the hell this is??

A cgc (whatever that means)..extra-long #100?

This is a step too far if its a re-issue with extra content.

Will be buying 1 regular copy only from now on.

Or have I got this wrong?

Is it a 9.8 slab or something?

Answers welcome please!

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=DF+WALKING+DEAD+%23100+CGC+_1226966

The DF in the title means Dynamic Forces and the listing is for a regular Walking Dead #100 CGC 9.8. Dynamic Forces was pre-selling Walking Dead #100's Graded CGC 9.8.

Midtown Comics must have had some kind of deal with them as they were selling all the different Walking Dead #100's that Dynamic Forces was offering for sale on their website.