• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Beautiful piece Ed!!! I love it!! Rob has serious talent - I love how he incorporated Tony's work into his drawing!!

Since we are sharing - here is the commission my GF got from Watkiss -- yes, its me, in all my glory, with my 3 dogs..lol...and yes, he was way too kind with my muscles.

watkissme.jpg

this is BEYOND awesome!

Beautiful piece Ed!!! I love it!! Rob has serious talent - I love how he incorporated Tony's work into his drawing!!

Since we are sharing - here is the commission my GF got from Watkiss -- yes, its me, in all my glory, with my 3 dogs..lol...and yes, he was way too kind with my muscles.

watkissme.jpg

this is BEYOND awesome!

Ridiculously cool. You should post a picture of yourself so we can compare to the zombified sketch.

and since you asked - a pic of me, my gf, and my dogs --

jackieswedding330pic1.jpg

wp001386.jpg

I think he got the dogs damn near perfect -- I also think he got me pretty spot on too -- with a bit more muscle, which I am eternally grateful for ;)

Edited by Jerry S

Ok, please help a newbie out

Which 2nd (and/or later) printings had something changed othe cover vs the 1st printing?

1: has the black/white "Mature Readers"

33: red/blue "spotlight"

I'm not talking about the con exclusive stuff, just the basic book

Insane that the "Raw" TWD 1's are going for over 1k when you can buy a cgc graded 9.6 for around 800$ still, I just saw one end three days ago for $810.

Last sale of WD #1 in CGC 9.8 is new GPA high of $1850.00

The last two Raw copies of WD #1 claiming NM condition sold for $1K on eBay.

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

I got that one, but $810 was quite the anomaly and not the norm.

Jim

I was watching that one, decided not to snipe it because I figured that there was probably a big cover on it, and was surprised when a) the guy that you out-bid was out of gas all along, and b) no one else took a shot. I figured it would be good if it went for $810.00 Just out of curiosity, why did you bid with so much time left? There was plenty of time for others to run you up or out.

Ok, please help a newbie out

Which 2nd (and/or later) printings had something changed othe cover vs the 1st printing?

1: has the black/white "Mature Readers"

33: red/blue "spotlight"

I'm not talking about the con exclusive stuff, just the basic book

1. Both are the first printing

2. Second says FEB for the date on the cover, first says NOV

7&8 can't tell other than looking inside front cover where it reads either first or second print

33. Red cover first printing, blue cover second

34 purple cover first, sepia cover second

50 and beyond

The rest as far as I know have completely different cover art and are noted second print on the cover

Edited by KONG

:whee:

He's supposed to pay in the next day or so :wishluck:

:wishluck: :wishluck: :wishluck:

Don't let him ruin the GPA for the rest of us :sumo:

Jerome

:news:

Payment received this morning, so the sale is now official :whee:

;)

Insane that the "Raw" TWD 1's are going for over 1k when you can buy a cgc graded 9.6 for around 800$ still, I just saw one end three days ago for $810.

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

I got that one, but $810 was quite the anomaly and not the norm.

Jim

I was watching that one, decided not to snipe it because I figured that there was probably a big cover on it, and was surprised when a) the guy that you out-bid was out of gas all along, and b) no one else took a shot. I figured it would be good if it went for $810.00 Just out of curiosity, why did you bid with so much time left? There was plenty of time for others to run you up or out.

Usually bid with a minute or so to go to get my "steal" price. That way if I'm automatically outbid, I have 30 seconds to think with a clear head, whether I want to chase it or not. If people are sniping they usually do so in the last three seconds, and I just don't wait that long. We all bid weird, believing the way we do so is the most effective and I'm sure we all have had our share of wins and losses.

BTW my high bid was $811.91 ... by the skin of my teeth.

Jim

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

GPA high record broken !!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-8-First-Print-White-Warning-Robert-Kirkman-/320968737342?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4abb3a423e

Jim

And lastly for Jerry...Moore pieces at auction???

Offered to me on June 20th for half the price (I passed :doh: ) Sold yesterday on CL for $2266 !!!

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fsearch.asp%3Fwhere%3Dsell%26title%3Dwalking%2520dead%26ItemType%3DCA%23Item_941646&id=941646

Jim

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-1-CGC-9-8-First-Print-White-Warning-Robert-Kirkman-/320968737342?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item4abb3a423e

Jim

Nope, that's my $1850 sale, it was a $2199 OBO listing ;)

hahah! Nice one!

Yea I saw that auction - I am a little upset that I didn't know about the offer to boardies back then - I probably would have snagged it -- It's great it sold for that much...I can tell you I think it has a lot more detail than some of his sketches - I've looked at a few, and some, like Doug's gets just grand-slammed done - and others are kind of half-assed - not sure if the ones I've seen on E-Bay are either fake or something but I saw one of a zombie bf and gf that was probably done in like 15 minutes..

I also think a lot of the price was marketing -- to call it an unpublished cover is downright misleading..but look - the buyer knew what they were buying -- the seller even slipped in the small size --- so in the end, I hope the Dolphins win the superbowl.

Edited by Jerry S

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

Jim

Nice one, Steve! Great sale. (thumbs u

Edited by FIREFLY

Joker_AndHereWeGo.gif

Jim

My fault for not actually checking the original listing and taking someones word for it. Don't know why Ebay doesn't automatically make it the BIN/BO price.

Jim