• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Wrong! But whatever. I have literally gone through and added up completed listings. I have a store. I will 100% make not just a profit, but a decent one at that. I don't think this particular property follows the "sell BEFORE the movie" logic that those in the know implement. A few episodes in and you might see the peak. Also,You need to change your name back if you want your award at the banquet this year. It took me several moments of reading your snide comments to realize who you were :foryou:

I never said that. I just said that you are way off on your assessment. I'm gathering from your indignant response that you have sold a good amount of walking dead. That's fantastic. I have as well.

You are still off the mark in this particular instance, and you can see that easily by going to completed listings and adding. My initial posting was a little more meant to be a "Hey, check out what i bought." I do appreciate your response but after i did some more research on it i disagree with you. Thanks for letting me know that you know about selling walking dead though. At the "I've sold more Walking Dead than you have Awards Banquet" I will clap very loud for you sir. :whee:

lol

You're right. I have no idea about selling WD.

You know who you're dealing with don't you lol

Wrong! But whatever. I have literally gone through and added up completed listings. I have a store. I will 100% make not just a profit, but a decent one at that. I don't think this particular property follows the "sell BEFORE the movie" logic that those in the know implement. A few episodes in and you might see the peak. Also,You need to change your name back if you want your award at the banquet this year. It took me several moments of reading your snide comments to realize who you were :foryou:

Here's where the problem lays...the #2 is VF and the #5 is 9.4. These are both grades that nobody putting together a serious run collects. I've sold a WD book or two in my life and I know the difference between somebody putting a run together and somebody putting a RUN together. I don't think condition was an issue for this buyer, I hope I'm wrong for your sake and hope you make a mint but nobody will know for sure until you get the books in hand. Heck shipping 250 books from the typical EBay seller is a dicey proposition at best as well.

Jim

Edited by cgcworld

Not WD related, but have to post one of the pieces from Baltimore Comic-Con - didn't get it at the con, but rather from a fellow collector who was in attendance, we pre-arranged the meet.

It took a lot to not post about it before in possession - no image on site, bc it deserves its own click-through - enjoy:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=933668&GSub=130679

Gorgeous Jerry. Congratulations. There was another beautifule Cycle of the Werewolf piece recently on C-Link that had me drooling.

Sorry for the crappy picture. Was just looking at all this wonderful art and wanted to share my baby. This pic does a little more justice than the one in my CAF gallery. I'll get it scanned sooner or later.

IMAG0008-1.jpg

That's a great page too! The old kick to the balls, then chop off the head is Michonne's WWE type finishing move! :applause:

Thanks Maloney! This page is a great big FU to the Govenor and it makes me smile every time I look at it. :devil:

lol

In fairness Jeff,thats not a bad deal.

The foreigns and variants are $1300 all day long - the Serbians alone would get $200.

German ones are doing $50+ and for some bizarre reason,even the image firsts are hitting $60 if they snag a noob.

So $3000 for the rest?

You are spot on with #1 being the key (of course you are - you and Jim have about 500 of them...lol) and if that snaggs a 9.6 - 9.8 then $1200- $1400 all day long raw.

#6 - #100 will go $30 raw on average each = so thats over $3000 there.

#2,#3,#4,#5 are the creamy profit on top.

If slabbed there is more in it.

On a personal note - nice to see you back.

I rather was hoping you would stay. :foryou:

From my experience the Serbian are the hardest to find and even harder to find in decent shape especially the #1 and #2.

500 print run for the Serbian books 1-12. #2 b/w has only 50 copies (of which i own 4 now), #10 b/w has 100 copies.

You have 4 of #2.

Congrats man - that is awesome.

I have Serbian collegues sending scanned copies to their family trying to find one!

I never said that. I just said that you are way off on your assessment. I'm gathering from your indignant response that you have sold a good amount of walking dead. That's fantastic. I have as well.

You are still off the mark in this particular instance, and you can see that easily by going to completed listings and adding. My initial posting was a little more meant to be a "Hey, check out what i bought." I do appreciate your response but after i did some more research on it i disagree with you. Thanks for letting me know that you know about selling walking dead though. At the "I've sold more Walking Dead than you have Awards Banquet" I will clap very loud for you sir. :whee:

lol

You know who you're dealing with don't you lol

I think he does Gaz.

Let the two old bulls get on with it.

So back in 2010 at Baltimore comic con, you couldn't find any walking dead about (I'm talking about us commoners, not the special ones who have an "in" with dealers), this year the dead were everywhere, some of the dealers were pricing them well and others had hit the pipe prior to the con. The only raw #1 I saw was listed at $850, didn't look at the book since I didn't have $850 for it and well it serves no purpose for me to spend money like that on a book that cant further my own writing career.

But just like 2010, CHEW was nonexistent. I didn't see any of the early issues anywhere on the floor.

So back in 2010 at Baltimore comic con, you couldn't find any walking dead about (I'm talking about us commoners, not the special ones who have an "in" with dealers), this year the dead were everywhere, some of the dealers were pricing them well and others had hit the pipe prior to the con. The only raw #1 I saw was listed at $850, didn't look at the book since I didn't have $850 for it and well it serves no purpose for me to spend money like that on a book that cant further my own writing career.

But just like 2010, CHEW was nonexistent. I didn't see any of the early issues anywhere on the floor.

were there a lot of CGC WD's available for sale?