• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Hope Skottie Young does one. Love to see a Baby variant or Alice in Wonderland style Walking Dead cover.

Nice idea with the hero initiative...Adlard's cover isn't very good. Rick's hand is about 4x the size it should be, the zombies wrist to forearm is about 3x as long as it should be, oh and for some reason, Rick is a hunchback ghost variant of some sort?

All those on first glance, I'm sure I could nitpick more if I looked, but I stopped at 3 reasons why Adlard once again drew a terrible cover..

Nice idea with the hero initiative...Adlard's cover isn't very good. Rick's hand is about 4x the size it should be, the zombies wrist to forearm is about 3x as long as it should be, oh and for some reason, Rick is a hunchback ghost variant of some sort?

All those on first glance, I'm sure I could nitpick more if I looked, but I stopped at 3 reasons why Adlard once again drew a terrible cover..

wow, you hate the guy, thats for sure

not sure where you get that from..I criticize his work...I've said a lot of times, sometimes his work is downright brilliant, and other times...well...its downright bad. This is another example of bad work. I'm sure he was rushed and I'm sure he could have done it right.

Also - this is just my personal view, nothing to keep you from discussing your opinion on the work...Lots of folks disagree with my views on art...that's what makes it art...eye of the beholder...

After all, this is a WD discussion page.

wow, you hate the guy, thats for sure

I like the cover. I don't think the proportions are that off.. (shrug)

not sure where you get that from..I criticize his work...I've said a lot of times, sometimes his work is downright brilliant, and other times...well...its downright bad. This is another example of bad work. I'm sure he was rushed and I'm sure he could have done it right.

Also - this is just my personal view, nothing to keep you from discussing your opinion on the work...Lots of folks disagree with my views on art...that's what makes it art...eye of the beholder...

After all, this is a WD discussion page.

maybe im too new to this thread, but from what ive seen, you are no fan of his.

if you praise him on occasion, then ive missed it.

i know you are a big supporter of the franchise as ive seen your OA page.

I said even as recent as a few pages ago that the splash he did in 101 was pretty good...

Its also pretty apparent that I think his work is good by the fact that I own like 30+ pages of his work. I also own pages not from WD like from X-Files..

I said even as recent as a few pages ago that the splash he did in 101 was pretty good...

Its also pretty apparent that I think his work is good by the fact that I own like 30+ pages of his work. I also own pages not from WD like from X-Files..

Glad to hear that.

i guess its negative stuff that tends to resonate more on these boards

I know your trick Jerry. Point out the negatives so that people won't buy the art and it will be all left for you.

I have a pretty good grasp of the market on WD OA stuff. I get emails from people asking value probably once a day. I think there is a lot of truth to what I say related to WD OA. I think at the very least you can see what I am talking about with the negatives I pointed out..

Is the cover still nice? Yes I guess it is, I couldn't draw that to win a contest, even if I had a year of art classes. His shading is still pretty good - he always does that well. I think that is where he is a master...but I think my points about the flaws related to his anatomy ratios are accurate...

Dammit Buddy that was supposed to be between us! By the way, the next opportunity I get to dance, I am going to use that footballer's moves.

First they show them off at a con, have an event for charity. Then they auction them off on eBay. When you buy them off eBay they give you the option of having them sent to CGC then to you so they can be SS.

I didn't think they were doing the eBay thing anymore. If it is like the last round it will be kind of a blind / silent auction via email on top of a live auction in person. The JLAs were done like that.

I wonder how TM feels inside with the lawsuit fully bubbling and doing WD commissions at cons...a cover would get some serious bank though..

I think all of these covers will go for big money, especially b/c of the charity aspect..at least 3k each if not 5