• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

And money...

saying that,the one I've just sent off for grading was flawless, and I expect a phenominal grade.

Looks like someone may have gotten a pretty sweet deal depending on condition.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=251152386647

mess !!!!

Why do I always miss these?

HR stop being American-centric.

Use the European Union ebay pages and they are there.

There are at least 2 BIN for under $1000 currently.

Take a closer look, that wasn't just a #1. It looks like it was. 1-12 plus like six more.

So, whats the deal with the Serbian WDs?

there was a #12 that ended tonight with no bids ($9)

Only #1, #2, #2 B&W, and #10 B&W command higher prices.

#2 B&W and #10 B&W had the smaller print runs of 50 and 100 respectively.

#1 and #2 had a larger portion of the print run sold in Serbia as readers there tried the book. They didn't like it. The series was cancelled due to poor sales in Serbia, so the majority of issues #3-13 didn't sell in Serbia and were bought by US buyers. That's why #1 and #2 are harder to find and #'s 3-13 are more common here in the US and on eBay.

#2 is really tough in high grade due to the dark cover. Most of the copies that surface are beat up. Demand is higher for #1 because if you only buy 1 Serbian you probably want to buy #1. The fact that #1 and #2 are harder to find, makes #'s 3-13 suffer value wise. People want to buy a #1, or a set of #1-13. Not many people just want a random later issue.

I think you are missing another vital point:

The covers for 1 - 6 all have a completely different cover,drawn by an unknown (to me anyway) artist.

Cover #4 is a zombie eating a deer (based on Moores drawing) and #5 has Jim all messed up.

These are the only covers by this artist in the whole world, and tbh are the rarest Walking Dead books on the planet (except the trashed French #1 - #6).

The variant #2 only had 50 copies made,with an original cover.

Thats less than any 'retailer variant' 'printing error' or anything else.

These are the rarest books availiable and people are waking upto that.

I would go so far as to say that there are more copies outside of Serbia now than in it.

I bought the whole set for the original covers and variants.

The print run was 500 for #1 - #3

50 for #2 and #10 variant and 200 for all other covers.

Value - who knows,but as a fan of the book, I just wanted them!

Some of your info is off. 1-5, and 10 have different covers. #6 is the same as the US cover. #2 B&W had a print run of 50. #10 B&W had a print run of 100. All regular copies had a print run of 500. Years ago they had a website for these books but the links are dead now. But I'm 100% sure on those numbers.

There are definitely more copies in the US, than Serbia. In fact 3-13 hardly sold at all in Serbia and most were sold directly to US speculators years ago. I was one of those people who searched out a Serbian contact and bought some years ago. ;)

They are neat books and supply is low. However, it takes supply and demand to trigger high prices and demand for foreign books is still a niche thing. They could of course get another bump in the future since everything WD seems to be like gold. But currently #1, #2(high grade), and the B&W copies have the most demand. You could certainly make a case for the different covers getting a slight bump over the ones that don't, but so far it's been a small bump.

On a side note, just saw my #100 Black Lucille Variant SS Yellow label got a 9.8 !!!!! so glad I got sent in before the cut off! :banana:

(thumbs u

Just saw mine scored a 9.4 this morning, I saw the couple of issues on that cover before sending it in and a press would certainly move it at least to 9.6 - but was somewhat time limited. Since I decided to move all my WD stuff a couple of weeks ago it doesn't bother me as much, otherwise I'd be getting that 9.8 itch :sumo:

Being a fan of Mark Kidwell....

Would anyone else like to see him come on as a WD artist? I think he would do amazing work on this series! I cannot wait to meet him in Cincy!

Mark spends more time these days doing the writing side of things than the artwork side so as much as I love this idea I don't think he would want to give up on his projects to do this. I also can't wait to get him to do another sketch or two for me down in Cincy. I have some sweet 9.8 candidates of the Image United blanks again along with some of the JLA SDCC blanks to get stuff done on.

Well I see the 2nd place bidder from eBay was also a boardie as well. We must have similar tastes in what we wanted. :insane:

Just got it done at the Stan Lee ComicKaze show in LA this weekend.

I am pretty happy with this Tony Moore personalized sketch.

001-4.jpg

Edited by Spiderman-on-Tilt

This doesn't necessarily apply to you John but yours is up so I wanna ask -

Whats the rule about asking an artist to sign in an area non-central to the piece...If John wanted to ever sell, do you think the value would go down a bit since it is personalized and there wouldn't really be a way to avoid his name being in the art..

Sorry John - nothing against your work, just since yours is up I wanted to ask..