• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

::warms up::

alright. the artwork is downright awful. the first panel is horribly tight. lucille is drawn crookedly and too short. the characters are too skinny, and their arms are too long.

the second panel, a 3/4 splash, is wasted space. first and foremost. rick and negan look like they are about to make out...a fitting possibility, since he does reference his .

they also sort of look like a two headed amorphous blob. the depth perspective of where negan ends and rick begins isnt drawn too well.

theres also NO background or illusion of background. this is like a bad sketch people.

have your expectations really dropped that low? this artwork is TERRIBLE people.

2c / end rant.

Jerry is just going to talk the price down and then buy it up! lol

I find it interesting that only one piece has sold from the last two issues. It looks like we''ve seen the tipping point. Perhaps this will encourage people to buy the earlier pages since they are still cheap.

Jerry is just going to talk the price down and then buy it up! lol

I find it interesting that only one piece has sold from the last two issues. It looks like we''ve seen the tipping point. Perhaps this will encourage people to buy the earlier pages since they are still cheap.

nah..saving that for a nicer splash someone on the board is debating selling me :wishluck::cloud9:

edit: as for pricing -- mark has no method - there are nicer earlier pages that are still pretty cheap, while it seems, any new page, even if its terrible, commands a 200+ pricetag..

further edit: you are right about the earlier pages -- i have been on the fence about 2 pages...i just reserved them...

one i posted a few pages back, and a 2nd i posted like 2 months ago...both $125 pages (they used to be 100 back in the day)

Edited by Jerry S

Congrats Jim. With this, those cool Watkiss pages and your various and sundry WD things, you have quite the collection. :golfclap::golfclap::golfclap:

Well I've been hinting a little bit this last month, and people have been asking why I've been selling. Haven't really said anything, not wanting to jinx it. The time has come...

Well ladies and gentleman, boys and girls, children of all ages, please take your seats (especially Philip) as I present what showed up at my office just a half hour ago. You know it's going to be a good weekend, when you start it off like this.

May I present...my personal Walking Dead Grail !!! :cloud9: to eternity !!!

48cover.jpg

Jim

nah..saving that for a nicer splash someone on the board is debating selling me :wishluck::cloud9:

I wonder if it's the same page I'm going after. I better get my bid in!

:ohnoez:

Just be glad it hasn't been offered to me...

I'd just like to say I really enjoy reading the board and love learning from everyone!

I'm closing in on completing my WD comic collection with about another 8 issues needed. Slowly but surely I'll get there.

Looking forward to next weekends Long Beach Comic & Horror Con

Ian

edit: as for pricing -- mark has no method - there are nicer earlier pages that are still pretty cheap, while it seems, any new page, even if its terrible, commands a 200+ pricetag..

further edit: you are right about the earlier pages -- i have been on the fence about 2 pages...i just reserved them...

... well played Mark :P

...all we can do is wait and see once the oldeer stuff is gone.