• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

oh, alright, we are discussing the artwork.

yes. its gorgeous.

but for 10 grand, there are a host of things one could do, for example:

like bid on this STELLAR Wrightson:

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7066&lotIdNo=86007

and have enough change to go on vacation for about a week.

OR,

buy one million nine hundred thousand pieces of bubble gum:

http://www.amazon.com/Double-Bubble-Americas-Original-Bubble-Bucket/dp/B000NFC0Y6

im sure i could list a lot more, better ways to spend your money...but im lazy and im tired.

either way, this price-point is a slap-in-the-face.

That cover is epic. I don't see the price as being out of line with recent sales. Of course, the sanity of those recent sales is debatable.

I'd pay $10K for this one before I spent $3.5K on the 103 cover.

if you are going to do an auction, put a starting bid low -

by listing the art at such a high starting point, it shows a SCARED seller. it shows an unstable market, trying to extract the most cash as fast as possible.

by listing the art at such a high starting point, it shows a SCARED seller. it shows an unstable market, trying to extract the most cash as fast as possible.

Not concerning artwork but what would you recommend a length of time for an auction? (I know off topic :blush:)

Not concerning artwork but what would you recommend a length of time for an auction? (I know off topic :blush:)

i dunno, with enough publicity, a 3 day auction would suffice. probably a standard 7 day would do. 10 days would be excess..

but anything other than this system which mark implemented - its faulted for a few reasons -

1. noone can see who they are bidding against

2. or what the current level of bid is

3. the fact that each person can submit one bid (without the possibility of the market driving itself up)

4. the system can be completely rigged, no accountability or proof of actual sale! why not let the market determine itself?!?!??!

why? because these pages are so bloated and over-valued now that there is FEAR of deflation!!

also -

there is no question that the artwork is beautiful. its one of adlard's NICEST covers in the last year, or arguably, EVER. i absolutely LOVE it.

the quality of the artwork has nothing to do with what we are discussing, its opening price and the method of sale.

oh and it MUST be said - i dont care what mark says, the creasing in the artwork lowers the value of the art - hands down, no question.

Edited by Jerry S

Amazing cover! Love it!

It the best image, cover or otherwise I have seen in a long time.

Also, his covers are still done on 11x17 board...or in this case 2 11x17 boards.

This 2 page cover is more than 3 times the size of the single interior pages at his current size.

Although, at this price, I think I have to dig up the number of the guy who owns the cover to #19 and give him a call. His asking price is starting to look inexpensive. hm