• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I sure hope it isn't a board member. That's some bull shiet if it is. Should be banned from the forums. Thats called fraud. I am VERY tempted to buy it and immediately send bad feedback upon reciept, open a claim, get refund and keep the misrepresented watch on principal. Hopefully would teach a lesson. Its whats going to happen to someone else anyways.

Why throw up a stock photo of 1 of 250 and claim its 1 of 250? Definately a schmuck. Im posting an ad on craigslist in every city under casual encounters, t4m, with that phone number also. Ya done effed up son!

Hey guys, please help me report this insufficiently_thoughtful_person on eBay. He is claiming to be selling TWD watch by Vannen, first edition, numbered 1 of 250. When I requested photos of the watch this is the response he gave:

"IIt's not No. 1. Kirkman has No. 1. I'm happy to send photograps to your email. what is it? Remember this is the first watch. It's signed by both Kirkman & Adlard. I do have 1No. 1 of Mind the Gap'a ashcan if you are interested in a signed and numbed item. you can also call my cellis (555)867-5309. Thanks!

George

- gsidual item"

Here is the link to the item:

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=181035284084&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=41201574637

I mean, what a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed. Especially the sob story about medical bills etc.

I've reported him, and now since he was kind enough to provide his phone number... Let the ganes begin!

lol

Color me shocked.

Whatever is going on here. Probably not too cool to post the guys phone number here.

JMO

The phone number might as well be public domain on these boards. When he first came on here he made sure to let everyone publicly know he was a lawyer and to post that same number all over the place.

I am sorry to hear another boardie is having this difficulty,

I am forced to sell my copy of this watch to help pay for unanticipated medical expenses for a family member who has incurred extraordinary expenses as a result of medical treatment that is not covered by an employer sponsored health insurance program and the limited remedies available under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act.

But I can't imagine, EVER, sharing this type of information on a site like Ebay.

I am sorry to hear another boardie is having this difficulty,

I am forced to sell my copy of this watch to help pay for unanticipated medical expenses for a family member who has incurred extraordinary expenses as a result of medical treatment that is not covered by an employer sponsored health insurance program and the limited remedies available under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act.

But I can't imagine, EVER, sharing this type of information on a site like Ebay.

That's because its BS.

Whatever is going on here. Probably not too cool to post the guys phone number here.

JMO

So ripping people off is totally acceptable to you then?

I think its well deserved. I create Karma.

I went and looked at the auction listing and I don't know if I understand your issue completely:

Here's the text in the auction that accompanies the picture of #1 of 250 of that watch...

"1 of 250 in existence signed by Robert Kirkman and Charlie Adlard (the creators of the Walking Dead). This watch is an exceptionally nice Holiday gift for a Walking Dead fanatic and also makes a nice addition to any collection. If you have any questions or concerns about this item, please feel free to contact me. If you would like actual photos of the item rather than the stock photo used in this sale, just ask and I am happy to provide the same. The only other 1st edition Walking Dead Vannen watch listed on eBay is being sold for $700. This is a very fair price. The watch is priced to sell. Although I had intended to keep it in my personal collection because it is virtually irreplaceable, I am forced to sell my copy of this watch to help pay for unanticipated medical expenses for a family member who has incurred extraordinary expenses as a result of medical treatment that is not covered by an employer sponsored health insurance program and the limited remedies available under the Employment Retirement Income Security Act. If you have any questions what so ever, please let me know. Also, if there are any specific Walking Dead comics or items that you are looking for, please let me know. I have lots of merchandise I am selling at rock bottom prices as well as thousands of comics I am selling (many of which I am selling at a loss). Thank you for your interest in this sale. It is greatly appreciated."

He mentions it's a stock photo, and calls it "1 of 250", which may be confusing but it's language that's used for limited items all the time. Normally it's used to accompany limited edition items that aren't numbers. "This statue is 1 of 200 produced" for example.

I would have probably preferred he mention it's s stock photo as the first item in the description, and to mention the actual number on the watch he's selling, but I don't know if I am seeing exactly what your concern is.