• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Question about Pressing

if you're not getting Pressing done in person, what kind of pricing are you looking at per book? does the presser charge you based on the value of the book? or how much damage he has to fix? or both?

Sounds like it can get expensive with shipping and insurance both ways and then the fees as well

Question about Pressing

if you're not getting Pressing done in person, what kind of pricing are you looking at per book? does the presser charge you based on the value of the book? or how much damage he has to fix? or both?

Sounds like it can get expensive with shipping and insurance both ways and then the fees as well

I have used joeypost and for moderns I think it's a flat $7 per book and if you want him to sub he may still walk it in directly to CGC. I have had all of my books jump up at least one grade, with the exception of one. Plus he can press SS.

Edited by AnthaiHERO

I'm very weird about buying from someone with such a low score.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110996195039?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Looks like he recently bought it based on his history.

No buyer. Prices going down on WD1 9.8 or people afraid of low feedback? He paid $2100 according to his history for this in November, so he would have been taking a loss selling now.

how much can pressing do to that CBC on the spine?

Late reply - time difference and all that.

I took it to be a bend catching the light from the photo being taken.

If it was a break then it *should* be visable on the first main picture.

A press involves a combination of heat,humidity and pressure to eliminate small creases,reduce larger ones,enhance the 'flatness' of the book and generally improve presentation.

You are 100% correct when you sy that colour breaks will not be improved in any way.

I think also that grades are a little harsh on this book - a 9.6 - 9.8 *could* be achievable if it is pressed by an experienced professional.

Thats a very good buy for someone.

Thanks for the concern - we in Southern Victoria caught a break today as its cooled down heaps!

Those poor devils in the interior, NSW and Southern Queensland are in for one hell of a bad spell.

Birdsville is expected to top 50c (yes 50c) for both Saturday and Sunday.

Thats 130 degrees farenheight!

Peoples shoes are melting on the tarmac - which is also melting.

A lot of people lives are in danger and many homes around the whole country have been lost in huge bushfires.

You might not know, but 90% of State Emergency Services (SES) members who fight these massive blazes are UNPAID VOLUNTEERS - many of whom toil for days.

Sadly last year more than 10 died - we will lose more this weekend probably as well. Some parts of Australia, outside of the big Cities are very dangerous places to be, with the fires and heat. :(

Thanks for the concern - we in Southern Victoria caught a break today as its cooled down heaps!

Those poor devils in the interior, NSW and Southern Queensland are in for one hell of a bad spell.

Birdsville is expected to top 50c (yes 50c) for both Saturday and Sunday.

Thats 130 degrees farenheight!

Peoples shoes are melting on the tarmac - which is also melting.

A lot of people lives are in danger and many homes around the whole country have been lost in huge bushfires.

You might not know, but 90% of State Emergency Services (SES) members who fight these massive blazes are UNPAID VOLUNTEERS - many of whom toil for days.

Sadly last year more than 10 died - we will lose more this weekend probably as well. Some parts of Australia, outside of the big Cities are very dangerous places to be, with the fires and heat. :(

Oh my Andy, that sounds brutal. Hope you and your family are staying cool. Well on my way to get 106!!! I can't wait!! At least during all this heat Andy you can at least drink something cold and sit back with a good book!!

Filler or thriller this month? I still think we are going to be in for a wait before anything game changing happens... and a good few more issues before any proper confrontations.