• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

BC-US--Comics-2012 Top Title,119

'The Walking Dead' was 2012's top-selling comic

Eds: APNewsNow. Will be updated.

By MATT MOORE

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Stilted gaits and mindless shambling did nothing to stop demand for Image Comics' "The Walking Dead" series, with the 100th issue claiming the top spot as 2012's top-selling comic book.

The list of top sellers, compiled annually by Diamond Comic Distributors, was rounded out by numerous titles from Marvel Entertainment which had six of the top 10 spots filled by its "Avengers vs. X-Men" story line. That 12-issue mini-series pitted the publisher's two best-known teams against each other.

Also in the top 10 was "The Amazing Spider-Man" No. 700, which featured the death of Peter Parker. That issue brought an end to the character that was introduced in the pages of "Amazing Fantasy" 50 years ago.

as ive said, i could see it being Jeff. then again, it could never be mentioned again lol

Also Lori never mentions if "Jeff" is still around GA or has moved or anything. Who's to say that "Jeff" has moved north the same as Rick's group. Following in the footsteps as his brother? Perhaps..... hm

ahhh. the age old "will the "value" drop?" question.

of course it will. in the end, it all drops in value, just give it enough time. There are ~8,000 copies of WD1. That's it. They aren't making anymore. Are they fairly easy to attain in "high grade"? absolutely. Are they "rare"? no, not really.

Are Silver Age "Keys" rare? No way in hell. while there may not be a ton of "high grade" silver age keys available (yet), there are plenty to go around. plenty.

please keep that in mind when deciding to "diss" any one aspect of this hobby.

Who was 'dissing'?

I thought all responses to your question, were balanced polite and fair.

I still love TWD - note I said sold 'raws'.

I just rechecked my CGC invoices and have another 40 or so waiting to come back including 5x #1,

#2 - #15

#19, 27, 53, 61, 92 (x7) plus another 20 or so random ones.

I got a couple from the pay-it-forward thread so they will go off as well to cgc.

In otherwords I still probably own 60% of the run in 9.8!

One of the great books of all time - it's just for me, a no-brainer to sell a few slabs from #80 - #90 and buy 4 or 5 FF #52.

I totally respect what you collect - I think pretty much everyone is quite respectful on this forum usually. :foryou:

lol Stick around. You'll change your mind soon enough.

woah, what came first, the comic or the OA?

gonna go philosophize on that for a while, yo.

yea yea yea lol

if the book doesnt sell, nobody wants the OA

*hopes the books don't sell so i can buy cheap art* lol

woah, what came first, the comic or the OA?

gonna go philosophize on that for a while, yo.

yea yea yea lol

if the book doesnt sell, nobody wants the OA

*hopes the books don't sell so i can buy cheap art* lol

Exactly!!! Wait till 106, 100 issues by Charles?!?!? Those pages are gonna be one to have. Can anyone buy pages from issue 100? I sure as F*** can't