• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Just wrapping up my sub for Emerald City for books to get signed by Danai Gurira. What do you guys think of the following books for my sub.

Walking Dead # 33

Walking Dead # 86

Walking Dead # 92

Walking Dead # 100 Ottley Cover

Walking Dead # 101 Ghost Variant

Walking Dead Michonne Special Edition

I think this is a solid start for this years con season for books to get signed by Walking Dead actors. :)

Still on the fence about subbing my #92 9.8 Sig Series that I got as my CGC Holiday Gift from the Exchange to get Adlard added to it. Right now it just has Kirkman on it. Not sure if it is worth taking the chance of it dropping in grade just to add Charlie to it. Especially since I am already getting some sweet other things done with remarks including my #27 9.8 that is already signed by Kirkman.

Just wrapping up my sub for Emerald City for books to get signed by Danai Gurira. What do you guys think of the following books for my sub.

Walking Dead # 33

Walking Dead # 86

Walking Dead # 92

Walking Dead # 100 Ottley Cover

Walking Dead # 101 Ghost Variant

Walking Dead Michonne Special Edition

I think this is a solid start for this years con season for books to get signed by Walking Dead actors. :)

Still on the fence about subbing my #92 9.8 Sig Series that I got as my CGC Holiday Gift from the Exchange to get Adlard added to it. Right now it just has Kirkman on it. Not sure if it is worth taking the chance of it dropping in grade just to add Charlie to it. Especially since I am already getting some sweet other things done with remarks including my #27 9.8 that is already signed by Kirkman.

Nice books , what is the price for her to sign one say one book ?

I believe she charges either $30 or $40 per sig so this is gonna be an expensive con for me. Between the above stuff along with getting some stuff signed/remarked by Adlard and paying for sketches from 3 different artists ummm yeah. I don't wanna think about the total costs for all of this. :)

EDIT: Just got a little bit cheaper. Was prepping these comics to get them ready for the sub and walked away for a few minutes. One of my damn dogs managed to knock a few of the comics off the table damaging the #48.86 and 92. All three were 9.8s (unless something happened to them) and are now far from NM. :(

Edited by brendanb438

WD #1 CGC 9.8

Went for a bargain at the latest Comic Link auction.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D65%23Item_954244&id=954244

Not sure why people sell moderns anyplace other than eBay.

CL is not the place for moderns. Always sell to lower GPA there.

WD #1 CGC 9.8

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fdefault%2Easp%3FFocused%3D1%26x%3D0%26y%3D0%26pg%3D65%23Item_954244&id=954244

What did it end at? Don't care to log in over there anymore.

WD #1 CGC 9.8

What did it end at? Don't care to log in over there anymore.

$1866

I believe she charges either $30 or $40 per sig so this is gonna be an expensive con for me. Between the above stuff along with getting some stuff signed/remarked by Adlard and paying for sketches from 3 different artists ummm yeah. I don't wanna think about the total costs for all of this. :)

EDIT: Just got a little bit cheaper. Was prepping these comics to get them ready for the sub and walked away for a few minutes. One of my damn dogs managed to knock a few of the comics off the table damaging the #48.86 and 92. All three were 9.8s (unless something happened to them) and are now far from NM. :(

Holy spoon that hurts. Gotta be more careful man! :tonofbricks:

Holy spoon that hurts. Gotta be more careful man! :tonofbricks:

Yup, The good news is I had nothing invested in them other than cover price. Bad news is what those would have been worth signed and slabbed.

I know how you feel.

Last week I had a Saga #1 (I know, people are already starting to sweat reading this) that I was going to change the bag/board on sitting on my high-top table, and my cat decides to jump from the counter onto the table right on the comic, riding it like a surfboard right off the edge and crashes to the ground folding it right in half vertically/against the spine.

9.8 to 9.2 in less than 3 seconds. It was one that I paid cover price for, but ultimately caused me to buy one to replace for $80. I paid $80 to give my cat surfing lessons.

Cat was ok. But who cares - my Saga died :(

Edited by roastedbagel

Same type of thing happened to my friend when I was a kid. He found a hulk 181 at a yard sale in a box of comics he paid $20 for.

His dog found it two weeks later for the cheap price of a staple in his poop.

Have you had your cat tested for "evil'? Most of them have it. This was not an accident.

I know how you feel.

Last week I had a Saga #1 (I know, people are already starting to sweat reading this) that I was going to change the bag/board on sitting on my high-top table, and my cat decides to jump from the counter onto the table right on the comic, riding it like a surfboard right off the edge and crashes to the ground folding it right in half vertically/against the spine.

9.8 to 9.2 in less than 3 seconds. It was one that I paid cover price for, but ultimately caused me to buy one to replace for $80. I paid $80 to give my cat surfing lessons.

Cat was ok. But who cares - my Saga died :(