• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

I agree, but I'm betting a large population of Walking Dead fans aren't comic fans and don't even know what CGC is, or really understand the condition factor :Shrug:

I don't see a Walking Dead fan (eg. a fan of the TV show, but not necessarily into the comic book) spend $1k on a comic book - it just doesn't happen.

Hmm... I don't know. I've seen people spend crazy, stupid money on entertainment collectibles.

There was a series of 'Lost' screenprints that came out the year that show ended and the best ones were over a grand at the time. If you're a huge fan of the Walking Dead TV series, I think the first comic book its based on would be the ultimate collectible.

Not saying people understand the differences between grades. I'm talking about the entity of CGC, and what it means to buy a book that's been "verified."

Some don't care. What do they know about comic grading? Some just want the book and have a price point in mind. I'd rather take 10 low grade/affordable key/hot books than one high grade key to a show to sell.

I just think its insane to think that someone with no knowledge of comics would drop 1K on a book and not do research.

Hated comics, got into the show, and when I went to eBay to buy a WD #1, they were all in slabs. I had no idea what CGC is. A ton on eBay are in slabs. I'm just going from personal experience, but if that's the typical buying experience for a non-comic fan entering the market, I don't think it's out of the question. I don't think you're suspending disbelief enough because maybe you've been in the game too long?

I just think its insane to think that someone with no knowledge of comics would drop 1K on a book and not do research.

Hated comics, got into the show, and when I went to eBay to buy a WD #1, they were all in slabs. I had no idea what CGC is. A ton on eBay are in slabs. I'm just going from personal experience, but if that's the typical buying experience for a non-comic fan entering the market, I don't think it's out of the question. I don't think you're suspending disbelief enough because maybe you've been in the game too long?

In the game too long. You've got me there lol .

In the game too long. You've got me there lol .

I'm getting there!! :headbang:

I thought you dead-heads might appreciate this new pick-up:

Searchlight%20Geist.jpg

It's from Magic the Gathering -- some beautiful artwork to be had there!

Also -- what no discussion on 107?? I can't wait to meet E-man!

Not only funny but hilarious to see him basically tell her to get some self respect.

Your obsession with Andrea is a weird one.

There's nothing weird about it. Just because a guy has a crush about a fictional character, makes no difference than a guy who has a crush about a celebrity. Celebrities are just as fictional as comic book characters. You will never be able to touch them and you might have a better chance of getting struck by lightning then to even meet them and hang out for more than 30 seconds. :jokealert:

Edited by retrothecollector

I thought you dead-heads might appreciate this new pick-up:

Searchlight%20Geist.jpg

It's from Magic the Gathering -- some beautiful artwork to be had there!

Also -- what no discussion on 107?? I can't wait to meet E-man!

Nice to meet you!