• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

Someone is going to be very angry when they buy this #35 "error" and realize it's not...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Walking-Dead-35-from-Recall-Error-Variant-Batch-CGC-it-/150998224070?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2328320cc6

Basically bidding is at $175 for a comic with black lines and pages ripped out, lol

Edited by HugeRosen

I liked the fact that Rick went at Negan. Definitely showed Negan he wasn't afraid to fight, regardless of the situation.

While it does come off as a bit lazy to drop F bombs every other word, it's fitting of Negan's character. It's not unexpected now a days, to run into people who actually speak this way.

Definitely looking forward to where this story is going in the next few issues :grin:

I "read" the issue finally last night. I skimmed through most of the dialogue with Negan, too many curse words and too confusing.

I find myself not following what's going on anymore, more of just flipping through the pages. :P

The dumbest part in this issue was Negan letting Rick head butt him and doing nothing about it. Being almost happy about it like with Carl killing his men. Negan should have already killed Carl and should have killed Rick in this issue or cut off his other hand. It shows Negan that they both are a threat and aren't afraid of him, that's enough to let him know they need to be taken care of. What does it show Negans crew that he let Rick and Carl go, he rules by fear and he's not instilling that with his crew, only that he's weak.

it shows his crew that Ricks assault didn't even faze Negan. killing Rick and Carl would be dumb, as he wouldn't get supplies anymore.

And creates martyrs.

Also, he may have some "code" against killing kids or at least in front of his crew and just killing Rick would bring a tihs storm down on him from Carl though actually, that's already set in motion.

I almost want to write to the seller but I hate getting into eBay arguments with people. The last time I innocently pointed out something to someone about their listing, it created a mess.

I love when you tell someone somethings wrong, and they reply with, "Thanks, I'll fix that." You check it later, and it's the same :facepalm:

here's my take on raw vs slabbed.

i will buy raw if i see it in person (never on eBay unless its a price too good to pass on, knowing that the seller has no clue about self grading)

i would rather own 15 raw copies when the cost of those 15 raw copies is less then the cost of one 9.8 slab

Variants on the other hand, i prefer to buy already 9.8'd because it is difficult to get quantity at reasonable pricing

I almost want to write to the seller but I hate getting into eBay arguments with people. The last time I innocently pointed out something to someone about their listing, it created a mess.

I love when you tell someone somethings wrong, and they reply with, "Thanks, I'll fix that." You check it later, and it's the same :facepalm:

I write to him:

Dear dolfjones,

FYI, this isn't the error version unless the last page of the comic is missing. You can google what the issue is or check out the description of the guy who has his cgc 9.8 listed.

Dear hugerosen,

Thank you for the message-- the description further illustrates the item listed :)

Dear dolfjones,

I know your description describes what you are selling but I'm just saying that if you know it's not the actual error version, describing it as 'possibly' being an error copy because the middle pages of the comic fell out probably isn't ideal. You are more than welcome to do what you want, but you may end up with an unhappy buyer.

Awaiting response back.

Edited by HugeRosen

lol

Keep us informed. I love it when people get called out on their BS. lol

Response:

Dear hugerosen,

I sincerely appreciate the feedback, and I assure you I am only selling what is in the description, hence the photos and extended explanations (e.g. the page numbers, borders, etc.). I am an honest buyer and seller and listed what could be an error based on the experience of which I wrote (and corresponding photos). Again, I appreciate your feedback, but I would not sell anything dishonestly :)

But when you have buyers who don't do their homework, its their own fault.

True, true. Still sad to see it happen though, especially when it's blatantly obvious the item is being misrepresented.

But yeah, anytime you drop serious cash on something, it pays to do a little googling around.