• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

lol. I am happy the seller ponied up. Just a waste of my time honestly. I should have paid more attention out of 383ish feedback only 11 was as a seller in the last three years. I am actually really lucky the books were not damaged in transit as they are really nice looking 9.8's.

I would rather drop $3K of my tax returns on turning keys into high value SS books with remarks or even getting sketches from Adlard than just 1 book being a #1 at this point. If you do it right with the $3K you can flip half of what you pickup and then get the #1.

I've been avoiding The Walking Dead since it came out. The whole craze seem a bit much and I've never been a fan of the zombie genre. Then the tv show came out. I watched the entire first season on Netflix in one day. I hated it. Then, over in the Pay It Forward thread in Comics General, I picked up the first three TPBs of the comic, because I like to know what I don't like. I didn't hate it. If fact, I kinda liked it. After reading them, I gave them to my brother's wife (who is a huge fan of the show) because I recently bought the first compendium from Rupp. Within the last 24 hours, I've read the entire compendium. I really like the comics and can't wait to get the second compendium. I'll give the show another chance, but for the most part I think I'll stick to the comics.

I've been avoiding The Walking Dead since it came out. The whole craze seem a bit much and I've never been a fan of the zombie genre. Then the tv show came out. I watched the entire first season on Netflix in one day. I hated it. Then, over in the Pay It Forward thread in Comics General, I picked up the first three TPBs of the comic, because I like to know what I don't like. I didn't hate it. If fact, I kinda liked it. After reading them, I gave them to my brother's wife (who is a huge fan of the show) because I recently bought the first compendium from Rupp. Within the last 24 hours, I've read the entire compendium. I really like the comics and can't wait to get the second compendium. I'll give the show another chance, but for the most part I think I'll stick to the comics.

I'm with you dude!

Absolutely love the comic... The first 60 or so issues are outstanding!!!

Hate the television show. Find it dry, boring, and strays way to far from the source material. I've kinda stopped watching it now too and don't care at all.

you are not alone.

Agreed!

I don't like the show although I still watch it but the comics are awesome!