• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

That's why I bought 7 of them at cover. Had sold a 9.8 108 to someone but they decided they didn't want it. So they're returning it. I'm just gonna keep it. I have 3 listed on the bay 2 bids@ $26. And I have 3 more raw. Something about that Ezekiel and his trusty tiger. lol

Is the only 9.8 of 108 to sell on eBay then from you?

If so I have to ask WTF happen with getting or subbing a ECCC Foil Governor variant and getting a 9.2 on it? Did it get damaged in route to CGC or something?

Back to issue #108, all 5 stores in my area have multiple copies in stock. I picked up just 2 NM+ copies at 15% below cover. Should I go back and buy them all out?

That's why I bought 7 of them at cover. Had sold a 9.8 108 to someone but they decided they didn't want it. So they're returning it. I'm just gonna keep it. I have 3 listed on the bay 2 bids@ $26. And I have 3 more raw. Something about that Ezekiel and his trusty tiger. lol

If so I have to ask WTF happen with getting or subbing a ECCC Foil Governor variant and getting a 9.2 on it? Did it get damaged in route to CGC or something?

Back to issue #108, all 5 stores in my area have multiple copies in stock. I picked up just 2 NM+ copies at 15% below cover. Should I go back and buy them all out?

Dude I don't know what happened with that book. Here's what went down: 1 week before MegaCon, I was shopping with my girl, this was during the weekend of ECCC, and I found a guy on the bay, who while at ECCC, had listed 1 green foil for $80 free shipping on his phone. He was the cheapest at that time. So I got it. When it got delivered I put on gloves and pulled it out carefully, because all the black I didn't want prints on it. The book was immaculate!!! So I personally drove it to MegaCon and subbed it myself on Friday. Then on Sunday when I got the book and grade back it was a 9.2. I was shocked just as you are. And of course I don't think there were graders notes. They were so busy at the CGC booth that I didn't have it in me to ask. So I sold it o the bay, actually just got positive feedback for it being delivered today. And no that 108 9.8 that's currently on the bay is not mine. So I don't know what happened with that green foil, maybe it got damaged on the ride back to Sarasota.

Dude I don't know what happened with that book. Here's what went down: 1 week before MegaCon, I was shopping with my girl, this was during the weekend of ECCC, and I found a guy on the bay, who while at ECCC, had listed 1 green foil for $80 free shipping on his phone. He was the cheapest at that time. So I got it. When it got delivered I put on gloves and pulled it out carefully, because all the black I didn't want prints on it. The book was immaculate!!! So I personally drove it to MegaCon and subbed it myself on Friday. Then on Sunday when I got the book and grade back it was a 9.2. I was shocked just as you are. And of course I don't think there were graders notes. They were so busy at the CGC booth that I didn't have it in me to ask. So I sold it o the bay, actually just got positive feedback for it being delivered today. And no that 108 9.8 that's currently on the bay is not mine. So I don't know what happened with that green foil, maybe it got damaged on the ride back to Sarasota.

Can you see any visible damage to the outside of it at all? Maybe the book had some sort of inside damage, did you flip through it? I saw some of these that had inside pages with corners folded over.

Can you see any visible damage to the outside of it at all? Maybe the book had some sort of inside damage, did you flip through it? I saw some of these that had inside pages with corners folded over.

No I didn't look through it. It's my bad that I didn't maybe one day I'll learn to look through the book. lol

i work in Manhattan from April to September. ive not been to Midtown (on 41st) since August.

from what ive read on here, since the "Class of 2013", there is no longer a reason to even go to Midtown anymore. Limits on all the new releases, and im guessing their backissues boxes are destroyed

truth to this?

i work in Manhattan from April to September. ive not been to Midtown (on 41st) since August.

from what ive read on here, since the "Class of 2013", there is no longer a reason to even go to Midtown anymore. Limits on all the new releases, and im guessing their backissues boxes are destroyed

truth to this?

I usually go down to the one on Fulton. It's much quieter. Limits on the new releases, yes, but I scored multiples of mostly every Saga 1st print issue from 2-6 a month ago. Also a few issues of PP #2--6 1st prints. Not bad. You've just got to get lucky.