• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

i blame #92

I blame people that speculate buying mess like that.

hey now, its not mess, its just overpriced! :)

I'm saying it in context of that auction. I don't mistake you're enthusiasm for the book for anything else. That's why I read this thread, I too am enthusiastic about the book

I'm just saying that the speculation is killing me with new books. I haven't bought a new book in months and now I have to pay way over cover for many because people are hoarding/speculating? It goes for other titles too.

Hey enjoy what you enjoy, but too much of anything is a BAD thing in my opinion.

Jesus has been going for what, 17 issues?

Abe went for 40+

The Gov for 30ish

Father Gabriel ( lol ) about 3 apps

Michonne is pretty much the longest living survivor except those from the Atlanta group.

Kirkman said he will be a long-term character.

A cgc #92 9.8 sold a few days ago for $170, so it doesn't matter one iota what you guys think,as far as the Public is concerned,#92 is now a key issue.

It is what it is, I'm afraid.

i blame #92

I blame people that speculate buying mess like that.

hey now, its not mess, its just overpriced! :)

I'm saying it in context of that auction. I don't mistake you're enthusiasm for the book for anything else. That's why I read this thread, I too am enthusiastic about the book

I'm just saying that the speculation is killing me with new books. I haven't bought a new book in months and now I have to pay way over cover for many because people are hoarding/speculating? It goes for other titles too.

Hey enjoy what you enjoy, but too much of anything is a BAD thing in my opinion.

i hear what you're saying Phillip. and yea, $150 for that is crazy indeed!

ive said it before, but 2013 brought the dawning of the new crazy times for new books, ESPECIALLY Image releases.

Abe went for 40+

The Gov for 30ish

Michonne is pretty much the longest living survivor except those from the Atlanta group.

A cgc #92 9.8 sold a few days ago for $170, so it doesn't matter one iota what you guys think,as far as the Public is concerned,#92 is now a key issue.

its like a moth to the flame with you Andy! lol

whenever #92 is mentioned, you come a running in it's defense :)

you and i both know the public is dumb.

Abe went for 40+

The Gov for 30ish

its like a moth to the flame with you Andy! lol

whenever #92 is mentioned, you come a running in it's defense :)

you and i both know the public is dumb.

Yeah, but I still love Abe....

Yeah #92 is a wierd one mate - Jesus is well,pretty boring really,isn't he?

I can only surmise Kirkman has something spectacular planned.

However if #92 raw is still going for $30ish and slabs are now hitting $170 - well the Public have spoken.

I'm happy to sub for $100+ profit as long as they are selling.

But yeah,it is a mystery wht Jesus is the next 'big' one.

Never should have killed off Abe tbh.

I thought MR was a certainty for Rosita the second I saw her in the book,especially as shes now much more of a fighter.

Harrelson is too big a star though surely, and probably not muscular enough.

The guy from 'Arrow' if he can grow a handlebar would be good.

You reckon they will backtrack to the farm and re-tell the comic meeting there?

I don't personally.

I think Abe,Rosita and Eugene will be part of a functional military unit.

One has to come into the series eventually, and ties in with my idea of Woodbury/Prison amalgamating and beginning the fightback against the Zombies.

Abe was a very well fleshed out character.

I thought MR was a certainty for Rosita the second I saw her in the book,especially as shes now much more of a fighter.

Harrelson is too big a star though surely, and probably not muscular enough.

The guy from 'Arrow' if he can grow a handlebar would be good.

You reckon they will backtrack to the farm and re-tell the comic meeting there?

I don't personally.

I think Abe,Rosita and Eugene will be part of a functional military unit.

One has to come into the series eventually, and ties in with my idea of Woodbury/Prison amalgamating and beginning the fightback against the Zombies.

Abe was a very well fleshed out character.

you bring up a great point about Woody ($$$$$). i think thats why Morgan will die this week, expensive actor. i dont watch too much TV, so i dont know who the Arrow guy is.

i dont know if they'll backtrack. in fact, i could see them wrapping up the prison arc during the Season Four Mid-Season Finale, then going in an entirely new direction not much related to the book. Using pretty much the same characters, but in new situations. Keeps it fresh for the die-hards and the newbs wont know any better.

Abe is my second favorite character in the book. you are absolutely correct that he was very well fleshed out.

and i STILL say that #53 is under appreciated! :) and if i can win more, i will! :)

That's what I'm saying. A 9.8 is a little high for me right now, but I was lucky enough to get a 9.6 for $65 shipped. I'll be happy to hold it for awhile.

Edited by chaseman210

going to ramble a little bit here. sorry if that offends anyone

im still so green to the comic market. always learning, and i like that that's the case. it took me a few months to find my focus in this hobby. Now that i have (WD/Saga), its weird to me to see all the hoopla going all around these parts about the newest releases. i mean, i get it, people want to get in on the ground floor of the "next" Walking Dead.

But when was the last time around these parts that TWD was this "far down the food chain"? for lack of a better way to make myself clear. it seems that PP, NWM, and now EoW are all selling for more then TWD. ok, not REALLY, but you know what i mean (i hope)

and i STILL say that #53 is under appreciated! :) and if i can win more, i will! :)

That's what I'm saying. A 9.8 is a little high for me right now, but I was lucky enough to get a 9.6 for $65 shipped. I'll be happy to hold it for awhile.

nice! i have a 9.6 as well :)