• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

And I suppose this means one would just have to have both black and white labels of #1, right?

:flamed:

However, I am pretty certain CGC does not recognize these as different.

Correct, CGC does not. We as collectors though, do ;)

+1

And I suppose this means one would just have to have both black and white labels of #1, right?

:flamed:

However, I am pretty certain CGC does not recognize these as different.

Correct, CGC does not. We as collectors completists though, do ;)

Changed that for ya ;)

I find having to collect the second prints to be.. well... silly

everyone collects differently, thats a GOOD thing! lol

How ever you need to justify it! lol

I'm just saying that not all collectors NEED to aspire to completist needs.

I'm missing 1-4 for my collection. My 7 is a second print, but I don't need to get another. The one is have is good enough to me.

Everyone has their own needs - it is a good thing. Otherwise, we'd all be doing the old "follow what that guy's doing" thing.

everyone collects differently, thats a GOOD thing! lol

How ever you need to justify it! lol

I'm just saying that not all collectors NEED to aspire to completist needs.

I'm missing 1-4 for my collection. My 7 is a second print, but I don't need to get another. The one is have is good enough to me.

Everyone has their own needs - it is a good thing. Otherwise, we'd all be doing the old "follow what that guy's doing" thing.

absolutely. WD & Saga are the only titles that i must be a completest with

Umm...has anyone noticed the Best Offer option is no longer available in the comic book category when selling on feebay....WTF!?!?!?!?!

Edit: So I had to switch to "Advanced Selling Tools" for the option to show up. My bad. Well, not really. eBay is stupid sometimes.

Edited by roastedbagel

Umm...has anyone noticed the Best Offer option is no longer available in the comic book category when selling on feebay....WTF!?!?!?!?!

Edit: So I had to switch to "Advanced Selling Tools" for the option to show up. My bad. Well, not really. eBay is stupid sometimes.

BAGEL!!! Where you been hiding?? :shy:

Yeah I guess I should introduce myself too

Just started on the forums but I'm really enjoying the convos

I'm a bit of a completist myself but I made the huge mistake of not discovering The Walking Dead until a couple of years ago. Been spending all my money on it since :grin: totally worth it though

I had the same dillema whether the 35 error variant should be considered part of a full collection ended up adding it to my list though too

I made a list including every walking dead comic in existence (or what I know of) and put the print runs for as many as I could find as well

Currently looking for the signed Lucille 100 variant (got the unsigned one for $200 which I thought was a good deal) and the 33 second print

What I want to do though is complete my collection and then accumulate the money to get them all slabbed? Worth it?

Now that I have started to get all of my copies of the WD blank in I have to say I really really like the cover stock they used on these. Can't wait to go crazy with getting artists to do sketches on these. I wonder how some of the mainstream Marvel and DC artists will feel about doing up a zombie sketch for me. :)

Now that I have started to get all of my copies of the WD blank in I have to say I really really like the cover stock they used on these. Can't wait to go crazy with getting artists to do sketches on these. I wonder how some of the mainstream Marvel and DC artists will feel about doing up a zombie sketch for me. :)

I picked up 7 of them myself, I plan to sketch on a couple for the upcoming show and I am hoping the stock is good for pencils. I dislike the coated stuff from the last few years ( smudges far to easily ).

So far so good w/ regards to pencils. I am just laying down a rough and plan on inking with more detail. It is comparable to the Batman #0 blank.

6loRhQwm.jpg

Edited by Mangbus