• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,454 posts in this topic

Just like the WD 100 covers these WW Con Walking Dead #1 covers have so far been not very eye catching IMO.

I pretty much agree though I liked the Quitely and Adlard wraparounds on 100. The thing that I liked about the Quitely one was that it looked nothing like any other WD cover.

Too bad because Golden and Suydam are great artists but yeah those two WW covers are ho-hum IMO.

Holding out hope for the HI ones. A couple we've seen are very cool but I recall that there was a stinker or two as well.

I see someone else else has stumbled on my idea of wearing a gorilla mask while sorting comics...

Looky what I got to see today :P

And that isn't even 1/2 of the order my LCS placed for that book.

WD-FCBD.jpg

Today at the shop i was finally able to pick up a nice raw 61

:golfclap:

Still got mine in the wings. Still want them to "de-key" it lol

HELL YEA! so do I! lol

and not for nothing, its a lame preview. Robby doesnt even MENTION it in the Letter Hacks Section.

he DOES go on and on about how the issue means there were more WD issues then YTLM's. and he shares his love of BKVm which was nice :)

Did you get to read the Tyreese story? How was it? I thought the Governor one from the special was not bad.

Looky what I got to see today :P

And that isn't even 1/2 of the order my LCS placed for that book.

WD-FCBD.jpg

Damn you all for confirming the WW Portland variant has a second printing! :grin:

Another one to add to the "Need List".

Hey all. Total newbie but huge WD fan and collector. It's nice to see a community of folks who enjoy the story and the collectibility as much as I do. I started reading the trades around issue 30 and immediately had to switch over to the monthlies and I've been getting them ever since. Just for fun I raided the back issue bins at my LCS around that time and managed to snag issues 8-29 below cover. Yes, there was once a time when issue #8, 15, 19, 27 and the others were just sitting in a bin somewhere that no one was particularly interested in. :grin:

I even managed to pick up #33 Second Printing off the rack the day it came out for $2.50. I'm a sucker for variants and this one remains one of the best impulse buys of my "career". Then the "explosion" happened and while I did luck out because I got in early, it also meant I was forever doomed to spend a fortune to fill in the blanks.

As it stands, I own every issue and every variant, all in very high grade, with the exception of #1-2, 4-6, 81 ComicsPro, 100 ComiXology, 100 Lucille Signed Appreciation and now (grrrrrr) WW Portland Second Printing. I haven't yet determined if second prints with the same cover (i.e. 2, 7 and 8) or the 35 error version constitute needs for a full run, but for now I'm not considering it necessary. What an expensive title I picked to try to make a full run on. :D

Sadly, all books are raw and I just know many of them would easily fetch 9.8 including that gorgeous 33 Second Printing. One day when the collection is complete I hope to start submitting them for slabbing.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you all and I'm sure I'll be sticking around here for a while. It looks like a fun and informative thread.

Edited by doctrmidnite312

Damn you all for confirming the WW Portland variant has a second printing! :grin:

I haven't yet determined if second prints with the same cover (i.e. 2, 7 and 8) or the 35 error version constitute needs for a full run, but for now I'm not considering it necessary.

Well...7b or 8b (I forget which) actually has a different month listed on the cover (Nov to Feb) than its first print so it's technically not the same cover...

:devil:

WTTB

I haven't yet determined if second prints with the same cover (i.e. 2, 7 and 8) or the 35 error version constitute needs for a full run, but for now I'm not considering it necessary.

Well...7b or 8b (I forget which) actually has a different month listed on the cover (Nov to Feb) than its first print so it's technically not the same cover...

:devil:

WTTB

that would be #2