• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official The Walking Dead Discussion Thread
13 13

40,452 posts in this topic

here is my walking dead 109 inked.. this looks totally badass.. last step is the color...

15o7bx1.jpg

DUDE!!!!! That's so cool!!!! Way better than some of the HI WD #100 listed on the bay.

:takeit:lol

thanks man, i know it looks bang on... i cant wait to see it with the blood splattered all over it lol.. i'll post a pic when its finished...

That's gonna be a tough number to get one at. Though could still be likely, especially since it seems the HI auctions tend to peter out near the end.

Then again, it is WD and new collectors can be pretty reckless. It's also for charity, so it has that going for it as well.

I usually donate several thousand to charities throughout the year, so I've set my limit based on what we'd normally donate to them anyways.

If you buy one of these from Hero Initiative instead of donating to a charity, I wouldn't count on getting any deduction, if that type if thing matters to you. Usually, you have to reduce your contribution by anything you receive in return.

My 2c

I would love to own any of these covers (mostly for my OCD collection and registry) but I find it interesting that most of the artists chose to depict random zombies (Robertson, Portacio, Hembeck, Brerton, Staples, Kurth) instead of characters from the book (Purcell, McKone, Bates, Ottley).

I think the Kurth cover is pretty sick. I'd love to have the Ottley, but that is going to go for insane money.

Personally, I think that Ben Bates cover is chilling.

From the last batch, I really like the Shah cover!

I picked up a #2b a while back on the bay. The scans looked great and I got it for what I thought was a steal. Then junior shipped it in a bubble mailer. doh! It still looks good except for the spine bend it received in said mailer! It doesn't break color so I may be able to get it pressed out. :wishluck:

The guy was cool about it and gave me $100 back. ^^

I think that FEB looks funny though.

That's gonna be a tough number to get one at. Though could still be likely, especially since it seems the HI auctions tend to peter out near the end.

Then again, it is WD and new collectors can be pretty reckless. It's also for charity, so it has that going for it as well.

I usually donate several thousand to charities throughout the year, so I've set my limit based on what we'd normally donate to them anyways.

If you buy one of these from Hero Initiative instead of donating to a charity, I wouldn't count on getting any deduction, if that type if thing matters to you. Usually, you have to reduce your contribution by anything you receive in return.

Comic was 2.99 cover. Might be able to pull that off.

yep. plan on it.. can't wait to see the other covers he does for me,. anybody got any ideas for a sick cover?

Who's he? I thought you drew that. I sent you a pm......

no no, it wasnt me, i wish it was me, i stated it was a local artist on my first post.. vincesunico@gmail.com is his email if you want to get something done.. say ray from toronto referred you.. hes my fave local artist..

Edited by rayjay77

yep. plan on it.. can't wait to see the other covers he does for me,. anybody got any ideas for a sick cover?

rick and co arriving on a tropical island after months at sea - just stepping out into the forest /// unknown --

WD THE NEXT CHAPTER: REBUILDING SOCIETY

or i guess if you wanna get sadistic - how about carl operating a hand crank elevator and splitting a zombie in two?

i picture one of those old metal gate type ones --

Edited by Jerry S

rick and co arriving on a tropical island after months at sea - just stepping out into the forest /// unknown --

WD THE NEXT CHAPTER: REBUILDING SOCIETY

or i guess if you wanna get sadistic - how about carl operating a hand crank elevator and splitting a zombie in two?

i picture one of those old metal gate type ones --

whoa.. thats graphic, haha i like it..

Kind of sad to see the #1 on my list is part of the new group of 10. Was hoping it would be a bit later in the groups that way some of the hotheads get their crazy dumb bidding out of the way on the first 50 or so of these. :)

Happy to at least see this group of 10 is setup for 7 day auctions though and not 10 day auctions like the first lot.

Comic was 2.99 cover. Might be able to pull that off.

These HI Blanks for #100 have no cover price that points to them being $2.99. Pretty sure if you got audited by the IRS trying to claim that you are gonna lose horribly. Unless HI is willing to give you a receipt claiming you made a straight donation and in return they gave you this little ole comic that isn't worth much of anything. :)

I don't intend on claiming it on my taxes. I was just saying that this is a "charitable" donation and it dips into my intended donations for the year.